Sr Software EngineerApply NowApply Later Job ID 882787BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Nov. 14, 2021
While The Walt Disney Company is a large company, ideally, we’d like if you have some previous experience in a U.S. startup environment and be comfortable performing multiple roles. We strive to get things done quickly, with high quality, and we are committed to the agile methodology. Our work is guided by lean principles (looking at value and looking for waste; not doing anything ‘for the sake of doing it’).
We’re looking for a passionate, impactful, technical leader who wants to come here to do their very best work and make their mark, add their chapter to the long and storied history of The Walt Disney Company. Someone who holds themselves and their teammates accountable in a professional, collaborative manner. A collaborative technologist who seeks to bring the best out in themselves and those around them. Someone who can provide a fresh perspective and innovative insight to our initiatives.
- Focus on major areas of work, typically 20% or more of role
- Part of product teams in building architectures which are robust, fault-tolerant, and cloud- native. Builds solutions for problems of sizeable scope and complexity that have been successfully deployed to customers/users. Influences and drives software engineering best practices within the team
- Technically lead and deliver multiple projects utilizing an Agile methodology while reviewing team members code. Participates in developing technical and/or business approaches; and new/enhanced technical tools. 35%
- Technically lead and deliver multiple projects utilizing an Agile methodology while reviewing team members code. Participates in developing technical and/or business approaches; and new/enhanced technical tools. 15%
- Owns the design of software programs or systems within the team, and within the organization. Writes codes that establishes and enhances frameworks. Reviews code for the design, testability and clear usability. Builds solutions that scale and perform. Identifies opportunities to improve the system/product/services with each iteration 50%
Basic Qualifications:YOU MUST...
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Engineering, or another technical field
- Be able to demonstrate significant experience working with relational databases, SQL, MySQL and newer NoSQL data stores as well as event streaming platforms
- Demonstrate a strong background working with open source technologies and cloud native engineering principles and patterns
- Care about your craft and have opinions about the “right” way to do things with technology
Preferred Qualifications:YOU SHOULD...
- Master's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related technical discipline is highly desirable
- Experience working with vendor teams to deliver high quality results
- Knowledge of performance testing and application profiling (Gatling, JProfiler)
- Strong curiosity about how Disney delivers the Magic and a desire to be a part of it
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.