Sr Software Engineer
Glendale, California, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 968056BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted May. 12, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
If you have a passion for technology and delivering on exciting major projects, this may be the role for you!
You’ll be expected to be 100% hands-on development and deliver quickly and iteratively in an agile environment with an opportunity to provide mentorship and leadership to other team members as we build a world class platform supporting some of Disney’s premier brands.
You’ll make a great fit for our team if you like to do these things:
- Communicate technical concepts, both in writing and verbally, and collaborate effectively with colleagues across diverse technology teams including product managers
- Collaborate with product managers and fellow engineers in the design and implementation of systems delivering high throughput experiences
- Design data models and build scalable backend services that interact with frontend clients and applications
- Contribute to, and sometimes lead cross-team architecture discussions
- Efficiently operate mission-critical cloud-based services, with an emphasis in reliability, security, and performance
- Analyze and resolve complex engineering problems involving high trafficked web and mobile application services and APIs
- Interface with a variety of stakeholders to define requirements and project timelines
- Work with the team to iteratively improve development practices and processes
- Help with full-stack development when needed
- Research and experiment with the latest and greatest technologies to identify, evangelize, and apply them to current and future projects
- 5+ years of relevant industry experience
- Excellent programming skills and strong knowledge of the Java platform and Java web applications and frameworks (Spring/Tomcat/etc)
- Deep understanding of web architecture including HTTP, caching and API delivery paradigms (REST, GraphQL)
- Strong understanding of both relational and NoSQL Persistence stores and the ability to determine which is the right tool for the job
- Experience with developing for public clouds like Google Cloud Platform (GCP) or Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Experience with full software development lifecycle and common best practices like unit testing, collaborative version control flows, and continuous integration
- Proven ability to work on a diverse scope of software and database projects requiring detailed analysis and creative/practical problem solving
- Strong analytical skills and capabilities for resolving a wide range of issues in innovative ways
- Self-starter with an interest in industry trends and a passion for innovation and raising the bar
- Proven experience developing, monitoring, and maintaining high-volume and highly-available distributed systems
- Experience with real-time messaging frameworks, such as Kafka or AWS Messaging services
- Hands-on experience performing DevOps duties and developing infrastructure as code (Jenkins, TeamCity, AWS CloudFormation, Terraform, Kubernetes)
- Natural leader with the ability to organize, energize, and influence others
- Degree in Computer Science or related field, and/or equivalent work experience
This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.