Already applied?View Dashboard
Sr Sourcing Specialist, Show Elements - WDIApply Now Apply Later Job ID 567654BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Walt Disney Imagineering Date posted Jun. 28, 2018
Job Summary:At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
The Sr. Sourcing Specialist will be a primary interface with Business Unit operations teams to design and implement their Sourcing and Procurement strategies. This person will lead efforts to source and procure materials and services to support Company operational requirements.
The Sr. Sourcing Specialist will build and lead cross-functional teams and will be responsible for developing and implementing Strategic Sourcing arrangements with preferred suppliers. This individual will continuously improve the company’s procure to pay process by identifying and leading efforts with departments to reduce cycle times, improve customer service and reduce total costs.
This individual will be accountable for assisting business unit sourcing initiatives that consider supply chain processes and infrastructure improvements to drive reductions in Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) without compromising business strategy and performance.
The Sr. Sourcing Specialist will source and negotiate supply relationships for internal clients.
- Execute balanced supplier selection metrics that extend beyond purchase price
- Understand development and execution of performance management programs with suppliers that focus on quality, responsiveness, and cost
- Prepare and execute clear, structured negotiations following the established Strategic Sourcing methodology
- Evaluate total cost/supply chain management analyses to identify opportunities to reduce TCO
- Ensure compliance with Sourcing and Procurement policies and best practices
- Continually assess market conditions and develop procurement strategies that maximize value to the Company
- Lead cross-functional sourcing projects that meet client requirements
- Communicate and report to management the status of any critical purchases that could affect planning
- Understand and communicate market trends and conditions that impact suppliers, cost of goods, pricing, and the resulting impact on clients
- Research and implement “best practices” for procurement techniques, including supporting technologies related to sourcing commodities
- Participate in professional development activities to keep abreast of current industry best practices
- Provide support to multiple segments as needed
- Demonstrate exemplary integrity and ethics in all instances
- Excellent internal client support skills
- Superior analytical skills
- Strong written and communication skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Ability to interact with employees at all levels
- Internal customer focus
- Knowledge of:
- Strategic Sourcing processes
- Best practices: procurement card, EDI, ERS, EFT, strategic alliances, supplier certification, etc.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Experience with SAP or other ERP
- Experience in problem solving, complex financial modeling and reporting and analytical methods
- 5-7 years experience in procuring goods and services
- CPM or similar certification preferred
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Master’s degree in business or another quantitative discipline preferred
- Willingness to travel (position may require up to 15% travel
About Walt Disney Imagineering:
Founded in 1952 as WED Enterprises to design and build the world’s first theme park — Disneyland — Walt Disney Imagineering (WDI) is where imagination and creativity combine with cutting-edge technology to create unforgettable experiences. WDI is the creative force that imagines, designs and builds all Disney theme parks, resorts, attractions and cruise ships worldwide. Imagineering’s unique strength comes from its diverse global team of creative and technical professionals, who build on Disney’s legacy of storytelling to pioneer new forms of entertainment. The Imagineers who practice this unique blend of art and science work in more than 100 disciplines to shepherd an idea all the way from “blue sky” concept phase to opening day.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Worldwide Services, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Imagineering.
Disney Worldwide Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.