Sr. Technical Program Manager - Mobile Platform Development
Glendale, California, United States / New York, New York, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 959235BR Location Glendale, California, United States / New York, New York, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted May. 02, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
This person has a proven track record of successfully collaborating with product and engineering teams to establish a strategy and deliver complex technical projects and programs.
The right candidate will be capable of digging into the technical details and dependencies of each program, and also establish and track the resource and financial forecasts for complex, long-term initiatives.
Organizing and planning comes instinctively. This person is working in partnership with product and engineering to clear obstacles, drive progress and make sure everyone is clearly informed on status and the critical path. This person is a strong communicator, comfortable interacting with product and engineering teams as well as executive leadership. This candidate enjoys digging into the technical details and knows how to build strong relationships while holding teams accountable for delivery. They lead programs with vision, plan with foresight and execute with precision, handling the inevitable changes of a program lifecycle with patience and positivity.
If you are someone who can do this, enjoys working at a fast pace, and brings a passion for building the future of consumer experiences and platforms, this is a great role for you.
- Drive planning, execution and delivery of technical, product or software development projects from start to finish
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define program scope, functional requirements, team deliverables, dependencies, time frames, and risks for the project or program
- At times, manage projects involving third-party vendors, driving scope and timeline for vendor deliverables
- Distill business and product requirements into actionable, detailed specifications for the team members
- Create complete project and deployment plans for end-to-end delivery with appropriate documentation
- Estimate, manage and track the program financial forecasts and budgets
- Provide guidance for end-to-end testing and the triage of bug defects
- Partner with business and technical teams to quickly and efficiently launch new features and enhancements using an Agile approach
- Leverage best practices and experience with Agile and Scrum methodologies to lead project teams on a daily basis to ensure successful delivery
- Continuously monitor and report on program execution to the teams, program leadership, executive management, and external stakeholders
- Forecast, manage and proactively escalate and mitigate risks and issues
- Build strong relationships across engineering, product and stakeholder teams
- Interact and build consensus with a diverse set of technical and non-technical stakeholders
- 8+ years of progressively complex related program/project management experience in a technical setting
- 0-3 years management experience
- Understanding of software development model including Agile/Scrum, Waterfall, Kanban methodologies
- Knowledge and experience with the software development life cycle & system integration projects; experience in digital consumer products and platforms or digital media preferred
- Expertise with program management, analysis and reporting tools including Jira, Confluence and Smartsheet
Preferred Qualifications:Nice to have:
- Release Train Engineer (RTE)
- Experience with Swift/Kotlin/GitLab
- BA/BS or equivalent experience required
This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.