Sr Technical Support EngineerApply Now Apply Later Job ID 636811BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Disney Television Animation Date posted Feb. 08, 2019
Job Summary:The Walt Disney Company is a world-class entertainment and technology leader. Walt’s passion was to continuously envision new ways to move audiences around the world—a passion that remains our touchstone in an enterprise that stretches from: animation, theme parks, resorts and a cruise line to sports, news, movies and a variety of other businesses. Uniting each endeavor is a commitment to creating and delivering unforgettable experiences — and we’re constantly looking for new ways to enhance these exciting experiences. Part of the Disney ABC Television Group, Disney Television Animation is a high capacity digital animation television production studio. Because of Disney Television Animation’s strong use of commercial and custom software technologies to create its animation products, its use of technology, engineering, development techniques and software is critical to its production operations and workflows.
Responsibilities:Senior Technical Support Engineers (STSEs) interact with department management, animation production crews and other supporting departments to provide second tier technical support to the DTVA business unit. STSEs work closely with our technology vendors and our department’s production help desk technical coordinators to resolve multi-platform software and hardware problems for production, development and administrative users.
- Leads troubleshooting complex production support situations. Leads support researching, testing and implementing optimized technical solutions for production users.
- Vendor troubleshooting
- Security profile management creation
- Special Issue tracking and qualification
- Multi-platform computer system management (Linux, Apple OS X and Windows):
- Security policy / access rights
- Remote control
- Application support
- Leverages array of software utilities to troubleshoot and streamline department services
- Understands production workflows and timelines.
- Measure, calibrate and validate color reference displays and OS parameters to meet DTVA production requirements.
- Performs miscellaneous technical special projects as assigned by department management.
- Writes scripts as needed for automating processes.
- Functions as a point of support escalation within the Support Engineering group.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline.
- 5 to 8 years of experience working with (advanced troubleshooting and configuration experience) Linux or UNIX, Mac OS and Microsoft Windows based systems in a network environment.
- 5 to 8 years of experience working with computer graphics / media applications
- 5 to 8 years in supporting computer systems in a large company / enterprise environment.
- 5 to 8 years of experience working with network management and administration utilities in TCP/IP networking environment.
- Ability to script OS functions on Linux, Mac OS and Microsoft Windows.
- Able to communicate technical information effectively – both written and verbally.
- Ability to work in a fast pace, production critical team environment.
- Must have a strong customer service orientation and have the ability to work with a diverse
- Must be well organized and detailed oriented.
About Disney Television Animation:
Disney Television Animation loves characters. Characters reveal our deepest emotions and what it means to be human… even if you're an animated duck, mouse, muppet, lion, boy or girl. Are you the type of character that loves animation and wants to be part of the team that makes the magic happen? Disney Television Animation, an integral part of The Walt Disney Company, creates many of the company's most beloved animated shows. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals, we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Television Animation.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.