Sr Technical Support Engineer
Glendale, California, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 960893BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business General Entertainment Content Date posted Apr. 17, 2022
Job Summary:The Walt Disney Company is a world-class entertainment and technology leader. Walt’s passion was to continuously envision new ways to move audiences around the world—a passion that remains our touchstone in an enterprise that stretches from: animation, theme parks, resorts and a cruise line to sports, news, movies and a variety of other businesses. Uniting each endeavor is a commitment to creating and delivering unforgettable experiences — and we’re constantly looking for new ways to enhance these exciting experiences. Part of the Disney Branded Television Group, Disney Television Animation is a high capacity digital animation television production studio. Because of Disney Television Animation’s strong use of commercial and custom software technologies to create its animation products, its use of technology, engineering, development techniques and software is critical to its production operations and workflows.
We’re looking for an intellectually curious, business-savvy, analytical powerhouse to join the Disney Television Animation Technology team as a Senior Production Technical Support Engineer. In this role, you will be responsible for supporting solutions across the various Disney Television Animation: Business departments, Production Crews and Development Crews.
Responsibilities:Senior Production Technical Support Engineers (SPTSEs) interact with department management, animation production crews and supporting departments to provide production technical support to the DTVA production business. STSEs work closely with our technology vendors and our Technology department’s System Administrators to resolve multi-platform software and hardware problems for production, development and administrative users.
- Accountable for assigned trouble tickets.
- Participates in the daily operation of the Production Support Helpdesk:
- Provides production support using various technologies.
- Logging and routing production support data into Helpdesk and other systems.
- Identify and escalate support trends.
- Provides first tier user account level administration.
- Leads troubleshooting complex production support situations. Leads support researching, testing and implementing optimized technical solutions for production users.
- Acts as a point of escalation for persistent technical issues.
- Works directly with vendors when necessary to troubleshoot.
- Active Directory administration
- Multi-platform computer system management (Linux, Apple OS X and Windows):
- Security policy / access rights
- Remote control
- Application support
- Leverages array of software utilities to troubleshoot and streamline department services
- Understands production workflows and timelines.
- Measure, calibrate and validate color reference displays and OS parameters to meet DTVA production requirements.
- Performs miscellaneous technical special projects as assigned by department management.
- Participate in Supervisory coverage when requested.
- Writes scripts as needed for automating processes.
- Functions as a point of support escalation within the Support Engineering group.
- 5 to 8 years of experience working with (advanced troubleshooting and configuration experience) Linux or UNIX, Mac OS and Microsoft Windows based systems in a network environment.
- 5 to 8 years of experience working with computer graphics / media applications
- 5 to 8 years in supporting computer systems in a large company / enterprise environment.
- 5 to 8 years of experience working with network management and administration utilities in TCP/IP networking environment.
- Ability to script OS functions on Linux, Mac OS and Microsoft Windows.
- Able to communicate technical information effectively – both written and verbally.
- Ability to work in a fast pace, production critical team environment.
- Must have a strong customer service orientation and have the ability to work with a diverse user community.
- Must be well organized and detailed oriented.
Required EducationBachelor’s degree in a technical discipline.
Preferred EducationBachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience in the film and/or technology industry.
About General Entertainment Content:
The General Entertainment Content group creates original entertainment and news content for the Company’s streaming platforms and its cable and broadcast networks.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business we call General Entertainment Content.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.