Staff QA Automation EngineerApply NowApply Later Job ID 10021080 Location Glendale, California, United States Business Studios Content Date posted Sep. 22, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
Staff QA Engineer
- Drive the strategy for automation tools or scripts to improve product and engineering health
- Lead the successful design and implementation of solutions for complex technical challenges.
- Manage and drive the continuous improvement, best practice, and principal of software quality engineering.
- Own the development and maintenance of the architecture for frameworks, execution environments, build systems and tooling used across the organization.
- Provide strategic input on future initiatives with business stakeholders and other engineering resources.
- Define high level project architectures and blueprints. Communicate architectural decisions to all members of the team.
- Contribute and define Key Performance Indicators to be used for evaluating project statuses and effectiveness.
- Help others increase productivity through innovation and champion the core value of Disney Quality.
- Lead a team of SDETs and functional QA engineers. Manage day-to-day QA tasks and release cycles to support product developments.
- Develop and maintain test automation frameworks, execution environments, build systems, and reporting tools.
- Investigate and resolve framework, tool, or execution environment issues affecting products or services.
- Prioritize, estimate, and define complex projects and tools.
- Manage complex tasks with stakeholders. Coordinate schedules, updates, and communications with internal and external teams.
- Provide end-users and engineers the training on automation tools and frameworks.
- Serve as an advanced resource to other engineers on the team. Collaborate with teams and peers for solutions and optimizations. Mentor junior QA engineers and provide in depth code reviews and technical analysis.
- Deliver test plans based on Product Excellence/test strategies
- Own test plan reviews with engineers and other stakeholders across functions
- Guide the test framework, test preconditions, and other test control and reporting functions to enable others to test functionality
- Own opportunities and manage efforts to improve existing test infrastructure or create new test infrastructure to increase efficiency and productivity in test case development, scheduling, or deployment
- Lead product design reviews with product managers, software/hardware engineers, and other stakeholders to contribute to product design, testability, and implementation
- 8+ years of combined relevant industry experience in a software engineering, DevOps, or systems engineering related technical job
- 5+ years of experience with test automation and unit testing frameworks
- Excellent problem-solving skills and collaboration skills
- Experience with software development lifecycle (SDLC) tools such as Jira and Confluence.
- Experience working with high-performing teams using Agile and Lean methodologies and frameworks
- Organized, detail-oriented and able to deliver project tasks on time
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Highly motivated, self-starting individual
About Studios Content:
The Studios Content group encompasses a collection of world-class entertainment studios that produce high-quality cinematic storytelling for both theatrical and streaming release. It is also home to Disney Theatrical Productions, producer of popular stage shows on Broadway and around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business we call Studios Content.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.