Staff Security Engineer
Glendale, CA - USApply NowApply Later
Job ID 767438BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Studios Date posted Oct. 16, 2020
Job Summary:From movie concept to film production. Global premiere to direct to consumer mobile applications. You will innovate and deliver solutions that support a studio whose content is legendary and transcends generations.
We’re looking for passionate engineers to help drive the technical selection, implementation, configuration, and operationalization of solutions and technologies that address today's and tomorrow’s cybersecurity challenges.
The Staff Security Engineer will be integral to leading and partnering with teams to progress from the prototype, proof of concept, pilot, and production phases of security-driven programs.
- Facilitate vulnerability management program across various systems, network and engineering groups
- Evaluate current policies, provide risk analysis, and security reviews that will safeguard digital files and vital electronic systems
- Partner with Global Information Security, Studio Content Information Security, Systems and Network teams to develop, test, deploy, and operationalize security monitoring, assessment, and response solutions
- Partner with architecture and engineering teams in design review, and execution of solutions that protect the intellectual property of the Walt Disney Studios
- Prepare, review, and present reports (e.g. penetration test results, incident response metrics, forensics, exceptions, risks) to team (peers) and leadership
- Assist with the maintenance of metrics and scorecards in support of the information security program for quarterly and annual Information Security reports to executive management
- Identify & evangelize new technologies, patterns, solutions and best practices
- Interact with internal and external customers on security-related projects and operational tasks in addition to presenting findings to senior leadership
- 6-10 Years of Experience in cybersecurity and cloud infrastructure engineering/architecture
- Hands on knowledge of Automation skills, Dev Ops skills etc.
- System admin - Red Hat Linux/Unix, Windows – Experience and knowledge is mandatory
- UNIX/Linux administration, troubleshooting, performance tuning, & security
- Microsoft Active Directory, Windows Server administration, troubleshooting, performance tuning, & security
- Detailed understanding of TCP/IP and related communication protocols, Windows authentication mechanisms (Kerberos, NTLM, AD), networking technologies, software defined computing, containerization, routing and switching, big data, elastic compute, and risk analysis and risk management methodologies
- Demonstrated experience in creating conceptual, logical and physical security diagrams, thorough understanding of vulnerabilities and countermeasures
- Demonstrated experience with securing private cloud infrastructures
- In-Depth knowledge of Public Cloud (e.g. AWS, Google Cloud Compute)
- Experience in containerization technologies and orchestration (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes)
- Experience with software build and runtime security tools and practices
- Experience with both commercial and open source security and vulnerability detection tools (e.g. Tenable, Qualys, Aquasec, Prisma, Synk, AWS Inspector, Kali, Metasploit)
- Multiple scripting languages in your toolbox (e.g. Python, GO, Perl, Swift)
- Demonstrated experience in creating conceptual, logical and physical security
- diagrams, thorough understanding of vulnerabilities and countermeasures
- Knowledge of tools and techniques for analyzing large sets of data
- Information security technology/compliance experience (e.g. Sarbanes-Oxley, NERC CIP, MPAA Content Security, PCI, PII, GDPR)
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and work effectively in a fast-paced, high volume, results driven environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including documentation and reporting
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to establish credibility and working relationships with a wide range of personnel including operations, management and legal staff
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Prefer certifications such as AWS-SAA, AWS-CSS, AZ-500, MS-500, AZ-300, CISSP, CCSP, CCSK, Cloud+, CEH, Pentest+, GSEC, GCIH, MCSE, VCP-CMA
- MS/BS degree in Information System management / Computer Science / Information Security or a related technical discipline
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 90 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today the Studio brings quality movies, music and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. Feature films are released under the following banners: Disney, including Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios, Disneynature, Marvel Studios and Lucasfilm. The Disney Music Group encompasses the Walt Disney Records and Hollywood Records labels, as well as Disney Music Publishing. The Disney Theatrical Group produces and licenses live events, including Disney on Broadway, Disney On Ice and Disney Live!. Ours is a culture of innovation, inspiration and collaboration that brings together visionary artists, gifted technologists and savvy business minds to conjure up magical entertainment experiences for a global audience.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.