Staff Software EngineerApply Now Apply Later Job ID 666122BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Studios Date posted May. 07, 2019
Job Summary:The Walt Disney Studios seeks a Staff Software Engineer, to join the Studio Technology team. The successful individual will develop a productive partnership with business stakeholders at all levels and guide product development toward delivery of unique and compelling experiences for our Guests.
The STAFF SOFTWARE ENGINEER participates in the design and development of core technologies and studio-wide applications ensuring that products are built, maintained and enhanced to continuously improve The Walt Disney Studio’s competitive advantage and technical excellence. Drives the conception of design, development, testing and implementation of software fixes, enhancements, components and/or new software systems and applications.
- Owns and leads development projects and team where a project comprises multiple components.
- Leads the development of or develops large, innovative software solutions that meet specifications and impact future developments.
- Conceives and leads the execution of software development projects and major fixes using new or existing technologies.
- Develops or leads the development of specifications for software development projects
- Reviews or writes code, leads programming and testing and debugging of software development projects.
- Creates protocols, documentation and tools for the installation and maintenance of software projects.
- Conceives and sets the architectural direction for software development projects.
- Designs component of software development projects, developing specifications for each.
- Uses advanced knowledge to resolve a wide range of complex issues in creative and effective ways.
- Exercises judgment in selecting methods and techniques to resolve issues.
- Identifies problems and opportunities and champions the development of innovative solutions.
- Conducts in-depth evaluation of factors and selects methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Has in-depth knowledge of / skills in the content areas of:
- Modern web technologies (SpringBoot, React, Redux, Webpack, Material-UI)
- Coding best practices, functional programming, testing methodologies
- Cloud based development on AWS (RDS, DynamoDB, Elasticache)
- Video and DRM a plus
- Docker or Kubernetes a plus
- Project Management methodologies (Agile/Scrum/Kanban)
- 8 to 12 years of progressively related experience in design, development and implementation of highly scalable, high volume software systems and components, Client-facing web applications, design and development of major Internet-oriented applications and systems.
Required EducationBachelor’s degree or equivalent
Preferred EducationMaster’s Degree
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 90 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today the Studio brings quality movies, music and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. Feature films are released under the following banners: Disney, including Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios, Disneynature, Marvel Studios and Lucasfilm. The Disney Music Group encompasses the Walt Disney Records and Hollywood Records labels, as well as Disney Music Publishing. The Disney Theatrical Group produces and licenses live events, including Disney on Broadway, Disney On Ice and Disney Live!. Ours is a culture of innovation, inspiration and collaboration that brings together visionary artists, gifted technologists and savvy business minds to conjure up magical entertainment experiences for a global audience.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.