Storyboard ArtistApply Now Apply Later Job ID 735136BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Disney Television Animation Date posted Jan. 06, 2020
- Create storyboard: thumbnail/rough storyboard panels through delivery of finished storyboard sequences
- Ensure that the vision and style of the show is consistently adhered to through execution of action, staging, dialogue and camera
- Pitch storyboards to Director, crew and Executives
- Address notes from Director and Creative Supervisors
- Collaborate with creative department heads and production to review goals and vision for the storyboards and discuss concerns, timelines and complexity, given the parameters of the schedule; Responsible for completing all deliverables on time and according to production schedule and within guidelines/show parameters such as number of scenes, complexity requirements, etc.
- Ensure that storyboard includes all final dialogue, backgrounds, direction, camera moves and action by making drawing or text changes in description, dialogue or numbering
- Submit work that appropriately aligns with production and workflow guidelines requirements (i.e., naming conventions and storage)
- Minimum of 2 - 3 years storyboard experience and/or training on a similar show
- Knowledge and experience with television animation production pipeline a plus
- Knowledge of software and hardware including Cintiq, Toon Boon Storyboard Pro, and Photoshop
- Ability to align with style and sensibility of show
- Strong in comedy, action, emotional storytelling, and character interaction
- Strong staging, composition and cinematography skills
- Ability to draw characters and environments on model within show style
- Ability to write clear and specific direction on storyboards
- Solid and consistent time-management skills
- Bachelor degree or equivalent work experience
Additional Information:Equal Opportunity Employer--Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
About Disney Television Animation:
Disney Television Animation loves characters. Characters reveal our deepest emotions and what it means to be human… even if you're an animated duck, mouse, muppet, lion, boy or girl. Are you the type of character that loves animation and wants to be part of the team that makes the magic happen? Disney Television Animation, an integral part of The Walt Disney Company, creates many of the company's most beloved animated shows. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals, we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Television Animation.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.