Supervising Director – Big City GreensApply NowApply Later Job ID 785099BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Disney Television Animation Date posted Apr. 22, 2021
- Leads hand-out meetings for all episodes and comes prepared with any questions, suggestions, concerns keeping in mind complexity, schedule and deadlines. Provide script feedback with a critical eye toward clarification for storyboarding.
- Oversee and partner with the directors to deliver high quality, dynamic storyboards to Editorial.
- Takes on Directing episodes as needed based on the series schedule and staffing plan.
- Communicate creative issues that may impact the schedule and/or budget to the LP in order to work out solutions in a timely manner.
- Work with Art Director/Production Designer and/or artistic team regarding the artistic direction of the episodes, if requested by EP.
- Provide constant and timely feedback to the directors and artists working on your team. Work with the EP and LP on feedback for the Editors and Production Management (Coordinator/Production Associate) that you are teamed up with.
- Oversee the directors and editors in the creation of the Board-o-Matics and Animatics. Complete final Animatic lock with the EP’s.
- Meet with the Recruiting team to participate in the interviewing and hiring of storyboard artists, revisionists and Editors.
- Attend recording sessions, if requested.
- Lead checking launches and provide clarification for OS studio questions. Work with the timing directors to ensure the sheets are correct for OS studio delivery.
- Partner with the EP and LP to hand out the show to the overseas studio, ensuring that the creative vision and goals of the episode are clear.
- Participate in the Post process which would include, but not limited to: reviewing Take 1 footage, calling Retakes, doing draw-overs, and any other creative input necessary. Not all Directors will be on the show through the Post process, so this will apply only as specifically requested by the EP/LP.
- Participate in music spotting, sound effects spotting, mixing and any other Post production sessions that may apply. Not all Directors will be on the show through the Post process, so this will apply only as specifically requested by the EP/LP.
- Participate in the Casting discussions for the project, if requested.
- Participate in the Music discussions for the project, if requested.
- Visit the overseas studio with the EP and/or LP to ensure production is progressing, if requested.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in Story or Animation departments
- Previous Director experience in Animation
- Knowledge of Traditional Animation, CG Animation, Visual Effects and/or Video game production
- Knowledge of software and hardware including Cintiq, Toon Boom Storyboard Pro, Harmony, Maya, Photoshop and/or other applicable storyboarding software
- Strong leadership qualities with the ability to partner with Creatives and Executives, collaborate with peers, and manage and mentor artists
- Ability to oversee multiple projects and solve problems in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to align with style and sensibility of show
- Positive attitude with the ability to be flexible
- Excellent organizational, verbal, written, e-social skills and acumen
- Ability to travel outside of the country
Additional Information:Equal Opportunity Employer--Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
About Disney Television Animation:
Disney Television Animation loves characters. Characters reveal our deepest emotions and what it means to be human… even if you're an animated duck, mouse, muppet, lion, boy or girl. Are you the type of character that loves animation and wants to be part of the team that makes the magic happen? Disney Television Animation, an integral part of The Walt Disney Company, creates many of the company's most beloved animated shows. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals, we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Television Animation.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.