Supervisor, Support EngineeringApply Now Apply Later Job ID 604178BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Disney ABC Television Group Date posted Oct. 31, 2018
The Walt Disney Company is a world-class entertainment and technology leader. Walt’s passion was to continuously envision new ways to move audiences around the world—a passion that remains our touchstone in an enterprise that stretches from: animation, theme parks, resorts and a cruise line to sports, news, movies and a variety of other businesses. Uniting each endeavor is a commitment to creating and delivering unforgettable experiences — and we’re constantly looking for new ways to enhance these exciting experiences. Part of the Disney ABC Television Group, Disney Television Animation is a high capacity digital animation television production studio. Because of Disney Television Animation’s strong use of commercial and custom software technologies to create its animation products, its use of technology, engineering, development techniques and software is critical to its production operations and workflows.
Responsibilities:The Supervisor, Support Engineering (SSE) is assists with the responsible for the department’s daily technical support level, technical support staff and hardware and software inventories. The SSE supports the Support Engineering department as a key deputy to the group’s manager.
Additionally, the Supervisor, Support Engineering assists with:
- Oversees assigned staff.
- Supervising Support Engineering group’s service delivery support level and trouble ticket management.
- Support group’s response and escalations.
- End user software and hardware inventory and deliveries.
- Supporting production move functions: overseeing the technical relocation of production personnel and associated equipment.
- Support of high volume of end user system rollouts and project implementations.
- Crew communication and feedback management of production tools.
- Computer System, Network and Software Application Troubleshooting.
- End user Color Calibration services
- Operation of reference peripherals.
- Inventory, Maintenance and Quality Control.
- Vendor collaboration to work through bug and approved feature request development.
- Pattern analysis, trending and reporting for developing support and equipment strategies.
- Standardizing and Tracking of various software used by productions such as:
- Operating Systems: Linux, Mac OS and Windows.
- Applications – Commercial, Open Source and internally developed.
- Problem resolution related to all outsourced and Corporate I.T. administered systems used by Disney Television Animation.
- Defining end user technology standards and support processes used for supporting the creation of digital animation.
- Assists with:
- Operationally managing the production server room which houses the business unit’s various applications, file and render servers and core video recording and distribution equipment.
- Manages the backend critical system monitoring and daily backup and restore operations and procedures of all servers and production data as well as the final product archive using both tape and optical media technology.
- Assists in defining the technology standard processes used for the digital animation pipeline: from the creation of animation elements digitally in pre-production, the exchange of our digital assets between our subcontracting partners securely during production to working with final rendered frames in digital and post production.
- The support of the final image mastering of TVA products using high definition digital disk recorders and high definition video tape recorders.
- Problem resolution related to all Corporate I.T. administered systems used by TV Animation (including SAP, Email, IM and remote access systems).
- Must be well organized and thorough.
- Must be good with handling stressful situations.
- 5+ years of Technical Support experience in a similar technology environment.
- 5+ years of Technical Support experience with advanced troubleshooting and configurations of Linux, UNIX, Apple OSX and Microsoft Windows based systems in networked environment.
- 5+ years of experience working with creativity / graphic applications and hardware including: The entire Adobe suite, miscellaneous graphic utilities and wacom tablets.
- 5+ years of experience working with network administration utilities.
- Able to communicate technical information effectively – both written and verbally
- Ability to identify trends in customer support issues and work with engineers to build long-term solutions.
- Ability to work in a fast pace, production critical team environment
- Must have a strong customer service orientation and have the ability to work with a diverse user community.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline or equivalent work experience
About Disney ABC Television Group:
Disney/ABC Television Group (DATG) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, DATG offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, DATG includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call Disney ABC Television Group.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.