Supervisor, Tax FPA & ModelingApply Now Apply Later Job ID 715819BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Nov. 08, 2019
The Supervisor, Tax FP&A and Modeling prepares and supports the income tax (rate and cash) forecasting for the Enterprise as well as cash tax forecasting for all tax types. This role also supports domestic planning for the Parks Experiences and Corporate segments. The role supports multiple clients (internal and external) and continuously balances multiple projects as we focus on process improvement and data driven analysis and decision making.
We promote innovation and growth by developing our employees and maximizing technology. This leader will focus on developing engaged tax professionals fit for the new, transformed finance organization.
Responsibilities:Candidate will report to the Manager, Tax FPA and Modeling and support the projects identified above. Candidate must be comfortable working directly with business units and external service providers. Candidate will also support ad-hoc analysis and special projects.
Position requires strong communication, interpersonal, project management skills and acute attention to detail. Candidate will act as a change agent by improving and building upon existing forecasting tools and models, integrating a significant acquisition, and supporting the move toward the Tax Function of the Future within Disney.
- Supports tax planning and forecasting models for the Company.
- Prepares cause of change analysis (including effective tax rate and cash taxes) for tax forecasts.
- Identifies and recommends solutions for complex technical, operational and organizational problems by considering new ways of doing tasks and looking at processes.
- Supports in identifying risks and opportunities by producing persuasive, data-driven arguments to support management’s decisions.
- Determines alternatives based on technical analysis and communicates recommendations to managers.
- Builds consensus and recommends positions regarding assumptions, data analytics, and technical analysis for book and tax positions by performing both accounting and tax research.
- Collaborates cross functionally; makes business connections with multiple stakeholders and information suppliers to solve complex business and tax issues.
- 3-6 years of relevant experience in a public accounting firm, equivalent experience in a large corporation and/or experience with data analytics and data science.
- Ability to identify, analyze and resolve issues.
- Ability to discriminate between symptoms and root causes.
- Good project management skills that lead to successful execution of project plans.
- Strong presentation and communication skills (Collaborates and solves problems, maintains communications with contacts and can communicate with stakeholders at the same or higher levels on matters of considerable complexity).
- Significant skill with Excel, Adobe Acrobat and PowerPoint.
- Must be savvy in working with a variety of tax and financial software, including the ability to mine for data and produce deliverables.
- Ability to complete complex tasks and projects requiring independent initiative.
- Must be comfortable with virtual communications and working with geographically disparate groups.
- Proven spreadsheet application skills and other database, automation or business intelligence skills (e.g. VBA, Python, SAP, SQL, and Alteryx).
- Working knowledge of SAP or ERP systems.
- Bachelor’s in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Statistics, Mathematics, Business Analytics, MIS or equivalent.
- Advance Degree preferred (e.g., Masters in Tax, Computer Science, Economics, Business Analytics or other quantitative field)
- CPA or MIS strongly preferred
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Financial Services, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Financial Services, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.