SVP, Content Development - Owned Television StationsApply NowApply Later Job ID 843041BR Location Glendale, California, United States; New York, New York, United States Business ABC Owned TV Stations Date posted Sep. 01, 2021
- Work across the organization to enrich existing content and products, develop new content-based initiatives and work closely with the sales and marketing teams to optimize multi-platform revenue
- Lead the Race and Culture unit to oversee the OTV group’s coverage of underrepresented communities and ensure our news programming properly reflects the diversity of their audiences
- Define and execute plans to build scale and effectively grow audiences via innovative data-driven content and product strategies, as well as multi-platform partnerships that expand distribution and, as a result, realize new monetization opportunities
- Develop and manage digital and social media content initiatives that encourage tune-in, expand audience reach and grow revenue across regions
- Drive viewer engagement and show awareness, expand audience share, create and develop alternative revenue streams
- Develop original digital content to provide support and context to local stations’ digital presence and to increase the appeal of local news stories in multiple DMAs
- A track record of leading digital content teams to produce compelling, brand appropriate and commercially viable original content
- Relevant experience in leadership roles producing high-quality content in a News organization
- Demonstrated experience championing diversity, equity and inclusion
- Experience developing strategies and executing successful implementation through partnership with stakeholders and guidance of teams under direct supervision
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills that demonstrate a collaborative mindset
- Aptitude to manage back-end technical teams in support of content operations
- A minimum of 12 – 15 years of progressive entertainment, broadcasting or equivalent experience
About ABC Owned TV Stations:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ABC, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call ABC Owned TV Stations.
ABC, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.