SVP-ECommerceApply NowApply Later Job ID 777598BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Mar. 19, 2021
- Developing the ecommerce digital (web, mobile and social) strategy and overseeing the delivery of that strategy
- Delivery of top and bottom line results, while effectively managing all levers of the P&L with oversight responsibility for key metrics and performance drivers. Drive continuous improvement by learning from ROI analysis and key performance indicators
- Delivering sales and increased margins through commercially driven strategies, cross channel/ cross platform strategies, digital marketing, merchandising, inventory management and supply chain/fulfillment management
- Responsibility for digital product management including user experience, engagement and conversion tactics, online and mobile capabilities and site and app operations
- Oversee the development of digital assortment strategy, promotions, price management
- Ensure an exciting an evolving digital customer experience with a focus on storytelling through our product and digital capabilities with emphasis on emerging capabilities like visual commerce, live stream and event driven commerce in the owned channels, and integration with social media and third party ecommerce platforms while preserving the Disney brand uniqueness
- Partner with marketing to development and implement marketing calendars that link sales and marketing initiatives across all Disney businesses and channels
- Establish the vision and oversee the strategy development for Customer Acquisition and Retention including subscription and loyalty programs resulting in repeat customer visitation and industry-leading customer satisfaction and ratings
- Work closely with the partners across Disney to strategically integrate consumer products ecommerce into Disney’s rapidly growing digital media platforms as well as third party platforms including games
- Work with and through the digital technical and UI/UX team to create and execute an agile, responsive and comprehensive digital roadmap that balances immediate commercial needs with future growth oriented innovation
- 10+ years of increasingly broader leadership experience in consumer products ecommerce balancing vision with execution, and strategy with tactics or equivalent relevant experience
- Proven track record in running a successful Direct to Consumer ecommerce business (Web, mobile and/ or Social) with significant year over year growth in revenue and operating income or equivalent relevant experience
- Experience leading ecommerce with an omnichannel mindset, with a focus on how to seamlessly tie the consumer experience across multiple channels and platforms so that in the consumer’s mind, there is little to no distinction.
- Highly developed understanding of e-commerce business drivers impacting top and bottom line, as well at the ability to interpret digital analytics to implement/drive strategy.
- Merchandising, Inventory and supply chain Management and fulfillment optimization experience.
- Strong ecommerce industry network, external presence, and insights into future trends, patterns and emerging opportunities
- Hands-on experience with global ecommerce, including owned platforms as well as partner platform integration across the US, Europe and Asia markets.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills. Ability to communicate complex or digital/social concepts to a non-digital audience
- Team Leadership - has progressive experience leading cross-functional teams of technical and non-technical experts to drive a common vision.
- Strong Team Player, with proven ability to navigate complexity, work with creative and technical teams, and collaborate across matrixed organizations and senior leaders
- Experience leading through significant change & transformation to move on organization forward
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Shopping, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Shopping, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.