SVP, Enterprise Business Systems
Glendale, CA - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 753275BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Mar. 09, 2020
Job Summary:Reporting to the EVP, Enterprise Technology and Chief Information Officer, the SVP, Enterprise Business Systems is a transformational business-minded technology executive with exceptionally strong relationship skills and ability to successfully collaborate cross functionally to create and drive technology-enabled strategies and solutions for the Finance, Treasury, Human Capital Management, Legal, Real Estate, Supply Chain Logistics and Global Product Compliance functions.
- Leads a team of technologist, who drive outcomes, by leveraging business architectural frameworks to engineer, configure and integrate a complex set of application and platform technologies across value chains.
- Performs direct project reviews and pre-production quality assurance processes, ensuring that high quality products are developed with pragmatic engineering design and oversight.
- Anticipates and manages the risks associated with day-to-day technology operations.
- Ensures ongoing operational stability of the applications and systems portfolio.
- Actively works to build and mentor a highly motivated, enthusiastic, and skilled team; communicating career paths, training and development.
Basic Qualifications:Leadership Skills:
- Superior strategic and analytic skills and the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences.
- Maintains strong relationships with senior leaders across the business and shared service functions, external providers of products and services, and third parties with mutual interests.
- Superior strategic and analytic skills, excellent presentation and listening skills, and the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences.
- Influence strategic business decisions regarding the use of technology.
- A self-starter, who can effectively navigate a complex organizational structure, leading teams through influence and direct line management.
- Ability to establish executive level relationships across the various business and technology executives within TWDC.
- Establishes and manages effective working relationships in a matrix environment with other departments, groups and staff with whom work must be coordinated or interfaced.
- Proven ability to decide and act without having the total picture and is comfortable handling risk and uncertainty.
- Proven ability to build and motivate a team to achieve well-communicated expectations.
- Across the business systems portfolio, oversees the development and adoption of enterprise standards, application architectural blueprints, and integration patterns.
- Ensures new technical products and services are evaluated and in alignment with these standards and architectural patterns.
- Focused on speed and agility, ensures that deployed business technologies can be packaged, integrated and leveraged across multiple solutions.
- Demonstrated work experience including architecture design and deployment, application development, secure development practices, systems lifecycle management, and application operations.
- Ability to cope with high workload in a pressured robust environment, and to adapt quickly to change business priorities and initiatives.
- Sound organizational, communication and interpersonal skills with clear, mature ability to maintain a clam and professional demeanor under pressure.
- Strong negotiation skills that lead to desired outcomes
- Strong ability to modulate style and operate at a low level up to a strategic level
- Strong ability to cope with many simultaneous and disparate initiatives / projects
- A proven track record of execution, the candidate must be able to deliver the technical roadmap(s) by defining a clear vision of desired outcomes tied to business needs.
- A “working IT executive” who gets into the details and is experienced in managing multiple medium to large scale initiatives and cross functional teams.
- Equally comfortable with executives, manager-level stakeholders and developers--this is a hands-on position with regards to people and detail.
- Ability to identify and marshal resources (people, funding, and support) to get projects initiated and completed.
- Ability to lead a significant transformation in the business technology platforms and technical talent.
- Proven ability to complete projects and achieve results in an ambiguous work environment.
- Ability to partner with a vast array of supplier and vendors to deliver on commitments and programs.
Additional Job Requirements:
- A minimum of fifteen years of IT experience, including significant leadership responsibilities for global, large scale ERP and high-volume business applications.
- Demonstrated track record of creating a vision, gaining buy-in to the vision, and effectively implementing systems.
- A strong business orientation combined with strong IT technical skills.
- Proven ability to manage complex vendor, supplier, sub-contractor relationships
- Proven strong negotiating and consensus building abilities.
- Possess strong financial management acumen and proven track record of delivering on financial commitments.
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Worldwide Services, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Worldwide Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.