System AdministratorApply Now Apply Later Job ID 604176BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Disney ABC Television Group Date posted Nov. 15, 2018
The Walt Disney Company is a world-class entertainment and technology leader. Walt’s passion was to continuously envision new ways to move audiences around the world—a passion that remains our touchstone in an enterprise that stretches from: animation, theme parks, resorts and a cruise line to sports, news, movies and a variety of other businesses. Uniting each endeavor is a commitment to creating and delivering unforgettable experiences — and we’re constantly looking for new ways to enhance these exciting experiences. Part of the Disney ABC Television Group, Disney Television Animation is a high capacity digital animation television production studio. Because of Disney Television Animation’s strong use of commercial and custom software technologies to create its animation products, its use of technology, engineering, development techniques and software is critical to its production operations and workflows.
Responsibilities:The System Administrator (SA) position provides support for the production environment and production end user systems used by TVA to produce its Animation products.
The SA position is responsible for administering the following technologies:
- Active Directory
- Production system configuration management
- Security policy / access rights
- Remote control
- Application support
- System - Procedures and Policy
- Group Policies
- Operating System administration
- Takes a more senior role in the following:
- Software deployment
- Software library
- Software packages
- Software packaging and update testing
- Software updates
- Creates software scripts, batches and applications for automating processes and tasks to automate the production support environment in such areas as: standardizing of parameters, archival, data migration and system I/O.
- Provides 3rd tier /extended support to the production Technical Support Engineering group.
- Performs technical administration functions and other miscellaneous technical special projects as assigned by department management
- Influences direction of product and service development.
- Produces various reports on:
- Other misc. statistics
- 3 to 5 years experience supporting high-end servers and graphics workstation hardware.
- 3 to 5 years experience supporting (advanced troubleshooting and configuration experience) Linux, UNIX, Mac OS and Microsoft Windows based systems in a network environment.
- 3 to 5 years of experience working with network administration utilities.
- Working knowledge of networking environments.
- Able to communicate technical information effectively – both written and verbally.
- Ability to strategically solve complex technical issues.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, production critical environment.
- Must have a strong customer service orientation and have the ability to work with a diverse user community.
- Must be well organized and detailed oriented.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline or equivalent work experience.
About Disney ABC Television Group:
Disney/ABC Television Group (DATG) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, DATG offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, DATG includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call Disney ABC Television Group.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.