Systems EngineerApply NowApply Later Job ID 822554BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Jul. 12, 2021
- Lead and assist in the development of desktop applications and software APIs for use by internal engineering and creative partners.
- Partner with Walt Disney Imagineering (WDI) Creative, WDI Ride, Industrial Engineering, and MST to identify requirements and use cases for attraction simulation development.
- Ability to supports other Simulation and Analysis Design Engineers in use of engineering software, software development and/or controls systems development environments (e.g., Visual Studio, TwinCAT).
- Develop and review detailed mechanical and system level simulations using various simulation software and software development environments (e.g., MATLAB, ANSYS, SolidWorks).
- Write proposals that include job assignments, scopes of work, validation plans and procedures.
- Write detailed documentation for software, both for developers and users.
- Assist users with troubleshooting and resolving bugs in deployed software.
- Manage budget and schedule for software development projects.
- Communicate effectively and ensure that team members and management are well informed of activities.
- Provide computer hardware and software expertise to multi-disciplinary team to influence purchasing decisions and system designs.
- Learn and apply standard engineering techniques and ensure that designs are in compliance with appropriate regulatory codes.
- Proficient in an object-oriented coding language and object-oriented design principles.
- Demonstrated experience with C, C++, and/or C#.
- Ability to implement, debug, and test software.
- Proficient in use of engineering software and software development environments (e.g., Visual Studio).
- Familiar with Agile software development practices, including scrum, sprint planning, retrospectives, etc.
- Familiar with continuous integration tools like GitLab CI.
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot and assess software errors to develop and implement solutions.
- Experience with in analysis software such as MathWorks: Matlab, Simulink, Stateflow, and Simscape Multibody; MathCad; SolidWorks; and ANSYS.
- Demonstrated ability in mechanical plant modeling and controls algorithm design.
- Strong physics and mathematics academic background, including differential equations and physical model derivation.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills for interacting directly with customers and users
- (1-2) years of working in a related role in the entertainment or general engineering industries.
- Demonstrated understanding of Ride and Show Control Systems.
- Experience with Systems Engineering concepts and tools (SysML, IDEF0).
- Experience with scripting languages including PowerShell and Python.
- Experience with Unity3D or Unreal game engine.
- Experience developing web applications.
- Experience with SQL databases.
- Experience with PLC hardware, programming, and troubleshooting.
- Experience with writing unit tests and regression test documentation for software.
- Proven Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Electronic Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or Equivalent from ABET certified curriculum.
- Proven post graduate engineering degree.
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.