Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
Tax Accounting Intern, Corporate Tax- Fall 2018Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 572785BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Jul. 03, 2018
Job Summary:Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you’ve learned in the classroom through real-world hands-on work experience. Now imagine yourself in a Professional Internship with Disney Corporate. When your extraordinary talents, our renowned legacy and the promise of an even brighter future unite, just imagine the stories you could be part of!
Be a part of an innovative team and culture…
The Tax Provision team is a group of tax professionals reporting to the VP of Tax that oversee tax provision and financial planning and analysis functions within the Corporate Tax department at The Walt Disney Company. The primary responsibilities of the tax provision team are to provide materially accurate income tax-related disclosures on quarterly SEC filings as well as periodic income tax forecasts to management.
Responsibilities:A Day in the Life...
- Analyzing entries in the general ledger (SAP), preparing work papers to summarize activities in the income tax accounts, and gathering supporting documents to substantiate the activities
- Communicating and working with various tax, business and accounting personnel throughout the Company to obtain and analyze data needed for tax provision calculation
- Assisting with preparation of Uncertain Tax Positions (FIN 48) calculations
- Assisting with Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) control compliance
- Various tasks supporting tax provision function
- Self-motivated team player that has an interest in learning US GAAP tax provision (ASC 740)
- Demonstrated strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills
- Understanding of accounting principles, familiarity with SOX
- Intermediate Excel skills
- Work experience in a company finance organization or public accounting firm
- Rising senior level or higher pursuing (or recently graduated with) a degree in Accounting
- GPA of 3.0 or higher
- The approximate dates of this internship are late August / early September 2018 through mid-January 2019
- Candidate must be available to work part time hours (approximately 16-20 hours per week) for the duration of the internship
- Able to provide own housing and transportation in the Glendale area
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must be at least 18 years of age
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Financial Services, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Financial Services, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.