Team Lead Systems Administration
Glendale, CA - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 733774BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Disney Television Animation Date posted Dec. 20, 2019
Job Summary:The Walt Disney Company is a world-class entertainment and technology leader. Walt’s passion was to continuously envision new ways to move audiences around the world—a passion that remains our touchstone in an enterprise that stretches from: animation, theme parks, resorts and a cruise line to sports, news, movies and a variety of other businesses. Uniting each endeavor is a commitment to creating and delivering unforgettable experiences — and we’re constantly looking for new ways to enhance these exciting experiences. Part of the Disney ABC Television Group, Disney Television Animation is a high capacity digital animation television production studio. Because of Disney Television Animation’s (DTVA) strong use of commercial and custom software technologies to create its animation products, its use of technology, engineering, development techniques and software is critical to its production operations and workflows.
Responsibilities:The Supervisor of System Administrator (SSA) position is responsible for the daily operational management of the Systems Administration staff. The SSA also supports the production environment and production end user systems used by DTVA to produce its Animation products. The SSA position is responsible for the architecture of the System Administration toolsets and leading the System Administration project slate.
The Senior System Administrator is responsible for the following:
- Active Directory
- Desktop workstation backups
- Desktop hardware standards
- Configuration Management (CM) Systems
- Desktop Administration
- Security policies / access rights
- OS Imaging
- Remote control
- Application support
- Group Policies
- Desktop configuration profiles and libraries
- Mobile Device Management (MDM) solutions
- Software deployment and testing procedures
- Software version control
- Coordinating regularly scheduled and project-based software and hardware deployments
- Defining procedures for the Systems Administrators
- Managing priorities and ticket escalations for the Systems Administrators
- Software deployments
- Creating software packaging and update testing
- Software updates and patches
- Windows, MacOS and Linux Operating Systems
- Standard Images
- Documenting Imaging Process
- Creates software scripts, batches and applications for automating processes and tasks to automate the production support environment in such areas as: standardizing of parameters, archival, data migration and system I/O.
- Provides 3rd tier /extended support to the production Technical Support Engineering group.
- Performs technical administration functions and other miscellaneous technical special projects as assigned by department management
- Influences direction of product and service development.
- Produces various reports on:
- Other misc. statistics
- 5 to 7 years’ experience supporting high-end servers and graphics workstation hardware.
- 5 to 7 years’ experience supporting (advanced troubleshooting and configuration experience) Linux, UNIX, MacOS and Microsoft Windows based systems in a network environment.
- 5 to 7 years of experience working with network administration utilities.
- Ability to create automation scripts. (PowerShell, Shell Scripting, Python)
- Experience in JAMF, SCCM, Puppet, Chef or similar technology.
- Ability to write software applications to automate processes and functions.
- Working knowledge of networking environments.
- Able to communicate technical information effectively – both written and verbally.
- Ability to strategically solve complex technical issues.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, production critical environment.
- Must have a strong customer service orientation and have the ability to work with a diverse user community.
- Must be well organized and detailed oriented.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline or equivalent work experience.
About Disney Television Animation:
Disney Television Animation loves characters. Characters reveal our deepest emotions and what it means to be human… even if you're an animated duck, mouse, muppet, lion, boy or girl. Are you the type of character that loves animation and wants to be part of the team that makes the magic happen? Disney Television Animation, an integral part of The Walt Disney Company, creates many of the company's most beloved animated shows. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals, we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Television Animation.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.