Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
Tech Talent Development Program Intern, DCPI - Spring 2018Apply Now Job ID 498976BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media Brand Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media Date posted 11/01/2017
The Disney Professional Internships program offers a unique opportunity to explore the world of Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media (DCPI) in a seasonal, paid assignment with meaningful and productive projects that allow you to build your resume. You will be provided with challenging projects, performance feedback, valuable networking opportunities, and many educational and social opportunities. This position will start in January and last through June.
As the Tech Talent Development Program Intern,you will help plan and implement projects and initiatives that support the trategic growth and improve the efficiency and effectiveness for the Technology organization at Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media (DCPI). Aside from being passionate and knowledgeable about technology, to be successful in this role you should have strong project management, communication, and analytical skills. You must be resourceful, have a strong customer-service orientation, prioritize effectively in demanding environments, initiate solutions, and have advanced interpersonal skills.
ResponsibilitiesThe primary responsibility will be supporting the planning, implementation, and ongoing management of projects under the Tech Talent Development Program (TTDP). TTDP is an ongoing initiative aimed at advancing development opportunities within technology for all DCPI employees. The projects that fall under the TTDP are sponsored by DCPI’s Chief Technology Officer, and include:
- Bi-weekly technology speaker series
- Annual one to two-day technology conferences and innovation challenges (i.e. hackathons, bot battles, etc)
- Organizational transformations to adopt new technologies (current transformation toward Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence)
- Technology team newsletters and other communications
- Tech Talent Development Program internal websites
- Technology mentorship program
- Technology leadership All-Hands events
- Additional projects as they are developed
- Strong passion for and knowledge of the technology industry
- Superb organization, detail-orientation, and project management skills, with the ability to effectively prioritize and balance short and long-term work streams
- Ability to collaborate in small and large team environments
- Ability to quickly interpret and synthesize data and information from multiple sources to develop insights and recommendations
- Ability to take direction and run with it
- Strong oral and written communications skills, with ability to develop beneficial relationships and networks in order to achieve results
- People-person; strong interpersonal skills
- Strong presentation and design skills
- Previous internship experience
- Proven self-starter with the ability to balance multiple projects at once
- Experience with presentation and design software (Keynote, PowerPoint, Photoshop)
- Experience with website development and analytics software (Wordpress, Google Analytics)
- Demonstrated computer proficiency with a Mac environment
- Currently enrolled as a Junior or higher a bachelor’s degree
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Currently pursuing a graduate degree
Company OverviewFrom toys, apps and apparel to books and games, Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media brings our company’s stories and characters to life through innovative and engaging physical products and digital experiences, inspiring the imaginations of the young and young at heart.
- Must be enrolled in a college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) to participate in the internship program
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Ability to work part-time up to 20 hours a week