Sr. Technical Program ManagerApply NowApply Later Job ID 10004981 Location Glendale, California, United States / Seattle, Washington, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Aug. 05, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
The Sr. Technical Program Manager role for the Advertising Platforms is responsible for managing small to large-scale, complex projects from initiation through closure. These initiatives involve hands-on management and includes working cross-functionally with multiple technical teams to effectively deliver business solutions. This role requires leadership competencies, prior TPM experience, and clear, consistent communications skills. The Technical Program Manager is responsible for managing projects using DMED processes, tools, and methodologies including the development of the scope of work, work-breakdown, program plans, cost, risk, and communications.
• Own the creation and execution of program roadmaps, timing, and delivery
• Partner with Engineering and Product Management to translate requirements and specifications to comprehensive execution plans
• Scope projects into manageable chunks that enable us to quickly and efficiently meet iterative milestones
• Understand the fundamentals of DMED Technology’s Ad Platforms business and systems and development priorities to reduce delivery delays due to conflicting priorities and business needs
• Author detailed reports for program status, schedules, task assignments, risks
• Investigate, track and resolve open issues for any given project through clear communication with a wide array of partners
• Participate in and lead investigations to understand, mitigate, and prevent quality issues
• Identify inefficiencies in processes, and innovate with better, more efficient processes where needed for projects to be delivered effectively and on time
• 4+ years of experience in software program management
• 2+ years of experience in an ad tech environment
• Experience in shipping multiple features or products simultaneously
• Experience in Agile software development
• Solid understanding of systems architecture, design, and implementation
• Ability to actively identify dependencies/risks and work with engineering counterparts to mitigate these
• Ability to interact with a diverse set of technical and non-technical partners
• Strong attention to detail, excellent communication skills, written and verbal
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.