Technician and Procurement CoordinationApply NowApply Later Job ID 10022495 Location Glendale, California, United States Business Walt Disney Imagineering Date posted Nov. 09, 2022 Flex Type On-Site
- This role is considered on-site, which means the employee will work from a Company designated location on an ongoing basis.
The Technician role provides key services in support of the staging, mockup and delivery of any Walt Disney Imagineering project. The Technician role is responsible for the logistics of all project based product as goods move from design, to fabrication and to the field for installation. The Technician will be responsible for meeting quality, schedule and budget. Concept Lab Technicians support the staging and strike of all WDI mockups (on and off campus) and are skilled in rigging and staging techniques, are certified and capable of operating all equipment necessary for staging and strike. In addition, the Concept Lab Technicians are competent in the technologies utilized in all mockups and are capable of maintaining, initializing said technologies for mock up operation as well as proper shut down, disassembly and returning to Concept Lab inventory, those items stocked by the Lab.
This role will report into the Show Systems Studio.
- Perform Procurement Buyer and Sourcing role for multiple departments (Audio/Video, Projection, Mock Up, Show Control).
- Manage goods receipts and track receiving
- Initiate requisitions for purchase orders and AFC ( contracts)
- Assist in sourcing products and performing competitive bid requirements
- Maintain communication with key commodity distributors and suppliers to capture prevailing pricing and delivery.
- Technical Systems setup and operation/maintenance
- Perform basic theatrical support (audio, lighting, video and staging)
- Temporary Power Distribution
- Mockup area setup/maintenance
- Follow safety practices- Electrical- Arch Flash, Over Head Rigging, harness training, fall protection, lift training, sound protection program, PPE, Arc Flash
- Technical cleanup- “Technical mopping”
- Maintain and repair stock inventory of all tools and equipment
- Maintain, repair or arrange for repair, and organize the stock inventory of equipment, including hardware and tools
- Evaluate inventory of expendables and purchase supplies as required
- Support set-up/installation efforts, either independently or as directed by a design lead for project mock ups, presentations and/or field installations
- Arrange for rental equipment and schedule labor as required
- Arrange for, supervise and/or participate in the strike of all equipment at the conclusion of each project and return inventory to proper storage
- Manage movement of heavy materials during shipping/receiving, storage and must find creative off-loading solutions within safety guidelines
- Interact with outside vendors and providers for support and product delivery of equipment and services
- Project(s): Varies - Depending on the assignment, the task could range from designing and managing a collection of mock-ups, all the way to managing the complete mock-up plan for an attraction or land.
- Work may take place in various facilities including warehouses, mock-up bays, meeting rooms, outdoor lots
- May be necessary to work in non-conditioned spaces
- Work may take place at various hours depending on presentation schedule, including at night if needed
Basic Qualifications/You Will Have
- 0-2 years’ experience with related technical work
- Low tech- standard theatrical technical support, core trades
- Light duty equipment support such as forklifts, scissor and boom lifts, materials lifts, chain hoists
- Minimum 2 year work experience with related technical work
- Ability to plan job day and successfully and safely supervise teams of technicians.
- Personable demeanor and “ready to work” attitude
- Experience as a SAP Buyer
- Some training in theatrical technical Arts and Stage management
- Operating knowledge of fixed theatrical lighting fixtures and dimming equipment and electrical connections of same
- Experience in operating knowledge of moving lights, theatrical controls and control distribution including DMX and Ethernet
Benefits and Perks: Disney offers a rewards package to help you live your best life. This includes health and savings benefits, educational opportunities and special extras that only Disney can provide. Learn more about our benefits and perks at https://jobs.disneycareers.com/benefits.
About Walt Disney Imagineering:
Founded in 1952 as WED Enterprises to design and build the world’s first theme park — Disneyland — Walt Disney Imagineering (WDI) is where imagination and creativity combine with cutting-edge technology to create unforgettable experiences. WDI is the creative force that imagines, designs and builds all Disney theme parks, resorts, attractions and cruise ships worldwide. Imagineering’s unique strength comes from its diverse global team of creative and technical professionals, who build on Disney’s legacy of storytelling to pioneer new forms of entertainment. The Imagineers who practice this unique blend of art and science work in more than 100 disciplines to shepherd an idea all the way from “blue sky” concept phase to opening day.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business we call Walt Disney Imagineering.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.