Technology Infrastructure Support Sr
Glendale, CA - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 587401BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Walt Disney Imagineering Date posted 03/04/2019
Job Summary:As an Infrastructure Support Engineer for the Storage and Infrastructure team at Walt Disney Imagineering, you will be responsible for system administration and support of our world class technology to our projects globally. You will be deploying and maintaining technologies individually and with the team to facilitate creation of the world's best theme parks. We’re looking for a person who will shepherd the advancement of technology and support into theme park production. This requires technical flexibility, technical creativity and an enthusiasm for transforming the theme park support pipeline.
The Storage and Infrastructure team is the support backbone of Walt Disney's Imagineering project technology. Our Support Engineers embody the passion for transformation and workflow advancements utilizing brand new creative technologies. The Storage and Infrastructure team is one part technical operations, one part project management, and one part hardware infrastructure architecture and support. Our Support Engineers must have exceptional experience administrating a global technical infrastructure to push initiatives while partnering with other teams. She/He must be very proactive in nature and thrive in a lean and well managed environment of exceptional talent. A passion for change and creativity is a must. Our Support Engineers must have the ability to navigate a fast paced ever changing environment.
Responsibilities:As a Storage and Infrastructure Support Engineer, you will have a collaborative role in the building, monitoring and maintaining of all technical aspects of our global team offerings (Los Angeles, Anaheim, Hong Kong, Shanghai, Tokyo, Paris, Hawaii, International Waters). You will create efficiencies and make great products and services. You will partner closely with Disney Enterprise Technology, and other technology teams as well as leadership. The Storage and Infrastructure Support Engineer is a hands-on job with a strong technical components. You must have the ability to interact positively with our project leaders.
- Partner closely with Disney Enterprise Technology teams and project teams on in-house projects and collaborations.
- Be part of a team responsible for production infrastructure and support with ability to work independently or in ad-hoc groups
- Grow collaboratively with a team responsible for providing cutting-edge technology to our global projects with tight deadlines
- Ensure healthy and smart growth for proper scalability organization-wide
- Understand global and regional technical needs
- Centralize and streamline workflows and technical operations through code or automation
Basic Qualifications:Industry Experience:
- 5-10+ years experience preferred within entertainment technology including storage platforms, networking hardware, data lifecycles
- Working within an Agile workflow or knowledge of it and the willingness to work within an Agile workflow
- Visual effects industry, gaming industry, software entertainment industry (preferred)
- Previous experience working in an end user tech support role
- Strong fundamentals in networking protocols and troubleshooting
- Familiarity in distributed computing environment concepts; local and network based user and group accounts and permissions
- Knowledge of best practices around data security
- In depth knowledge of and the ability to perform advanced troubleshooting on Mac OS, Windows, Linux and how they relate to Stornext, Netapp or other shared storage
- Knowledge of imaging and system management software including Chef, Bigfix and Ansible
- Backup, archive, restore, snapshot workflows and data lifecycle procedures
- Experience with partnering with external vendors to maintain enterprise technology
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly and with minimal guidance
- Ability to document procedures and cases. Ownership from start to resolution
- Renderfarm support and maintenance (Deadline, Linux/Windows nodes, creative software)
- Aspera (Enterprise Server, Point-to-Point, Faspex, Shares, browser-plugins)
- Jira Service Desk
- Active Directory
- Linux (RedHat, Centos) including core competency in command line utilities and configurations
- Windows (Desktop and Server)
- Artist/Creative software basics: Maya, Nuke, Adobe Creative Suite, Cinema 4D, Resolve
- Monitoring tools: Solarwinds, Nagios
- NAS experience (Netapp, Qumulo, Isilon)
- SAN (Stornext,Xsan)
- Ethernet (Arista, Mellanox)
- Fiber Channel (Brocade)
- LTO library
Python, BASH, JSON, PHP, HTML, SQL, YAML, PERL, Relevance, PowerShell
Mysql, Microsoft SQL, Influxdb, Elasticsearch, Redis, Mongodb, Postgres
About Walt Disney Imagineering:
Founded in 1952 as WED Enterprises to design and build the world’s first theme park — Disneyland — Walt Disney Imagineering (WDI) is where imagination and creativity combine with cutting-edge technology to create unforgettable experiences. WDI is the creative force that imagines, designs and builds all Disney theme parks, resorts, attractions and cruise ships worldwide. Imagineering’s unique strength comes from its diverse global team of creative and technical professionals, who build on Disney’s legacy of storytelling to pioneer new forms of entertainment. The Imagineers who practice this unique blend of art and science work in more than 100 disciplines to shepherd an idea all the way from “blue sky” concept phase to opening day.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Imagineering.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.