Technology Inventory Specialist
Glendale, California, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 897597BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Disney Television Animation Date posted Dec. 20, 2021
Job Summary:The Walt Disney Company is a world-class entertainment and technology leader. Walt’s passion was to continuously envision new ways to move audiences around the world—a passion that remains our touchstone in an enterprise that stretches from: animation, theme parks, resorts, and a cruise line to sports, news, movies, and a variety of other businesses. Uniting each endeavor is a commitment to creating and delivering unforgettable experiences — and we’re constantly looking for new ways to enhance these exciting experiences. Part of the Disney ABC Television Group, Disney Television Animation is a high-capacity digital animation television production studio. Because of Disney Television Animation’s strong use of commercial and custom software technologies to create its animation products, its use of technology, engineering, development techniques, and software is critical to its production operations and workflows.
As a Technology Inventory Specialist, your role serves as the main point of contact for the Technology department’s hardware and software inventory. You will provide support to the entire department, including management and finance on all efforts related to the department’s Technology asset inventory. You'll also work with cross-functional department management to design and maintain workflows involving: asset tagging, tracking inventory use levels, inventory/license distribution, retirement, and tracking technologies.
- Systems deployments and pullbacks as they pertain to onboarding and offboarding of new and terminated employees.
- Fulfilling computer hardware and software requests.
- Calibrating color correct displays
- Relocating computer systems for employee moves
- Testing and qualifying new hardware
- Basic computer hardware support
- Research emerging inventory solutions.
- Oversee integration of inventory data into various supporting systems.
- Administer the department’s inventory catalog.
- Reoccurring logging of production inventory information into the inventory tracking system.
- Validating inventory changes occur with supporting job tickets.
- Perform routine inventory verifications.
- Balance inventory loads between multiple locations.
- Tracking and communication of inventory trends.
- Keeping a “watchful eye” on how inventory trends affect department and production workflows.
- Perform financial audits and capital asset verifications as needed.
- Maintaining various inventory and technical job and database systems.
- Maintain technical documentation outlining inventory processes and department procedures.
- Order new inventory as directed.
- Maintain department technology standard worksheets.
- Oversee inventory retirement processes.
- Perform other misc. tasks as instructed by department management.
- Provide support to department personnel and management using various technologies.
- Provides user-level system administration.
- Creating inventory reports as needed across multiple data sources.
- Must have 1-3+ years of computer experience.
- Experience working with technical inventory and inventory control systems.
- Experience working with troubleshooting and configuration of Linux, UNIX, Mac OS, or Microsoft Windows-based systems in a network environment.
- You can demonstrate having technical problem-solving abilities
- Strong customer service and communication skills to work across a diverse user community.
- Experience managing hardware and software assets.
- Must be well organized, detailed oriented, and have good follow-through skills.
- Able to communicate technical information effectively both written and verbally
- Able to work keep organized and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Adaptable to work in a fast-paced, critical production team environment
About Disney Television Animation:
Disney Television Animation loves characters. Characters reveal our deepest emotions and what it means to be human… even if you're an animated duck, mouse, muppet, lion, boy or girl. Are you the type of character that loves animation and wants to be part of the team that makes the magic happen? Disney Television Animation, an integral part of The Walt Disney Company, creates many of the company's most beloved animated shows. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals, we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Television Animation.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.