Timing Supervisor - Hamster and GretelApply NowApply Later Job ID 773704BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Disney Television Animation Date posted May 04, 2021
- Joins the Animatic Editor and Executive Producer and/or Director to review the “first pass” storyboard animatic to give any timing notes and suggest any changes to the edit to account for animation timing.
- Supervises the Timing director and/or Sheet Timers
- Hands out sections of the storyboards and sheets to the Timing Directors and/or Sheet Timers – gives direction, reviews their work, makes edits, etc.
- Hands out timing-related storyboard revisions, working in partnership with the Storyboard Supervisor, when applicable.
- Does sheet timing and lip assignments as necessary, or is one of the staffed Sheet Timers
- Reviews final materials and notes from the Checker and Timers and makes appropriate changes to either before shipping.
- Communicates with vendor animation studio regarding timing-related issues
- Calls out scenes to be done as pencil tests from the overseas studios and then reviews them with the Executive Producer when the footage comes back and gives notes and makes timing revisions if needed.
- Reviews Take 1 footage from overseas to see how the timing is working
- Maintains production schedule provided by Line Producer to ensure cost effective, timely production
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in Animation departments.
- Experience as an Animator or Director is a plus.
- Knowledge of Traditional Animation and CG Animation
- Ability to align with style and sensibility of show
- Positive attitude with the ability to be flexible
- Excellent organizational, verbal, written, e-social skills and acumen
- Solid and consistent time-management skills
- Strong leadership qualities with the ability to partner with Creatives, collaborate with peers, and manage and mentor others.
Required EducationBachelor degree or equivalent work experience
Additional Information:Equal Opportunity Employer--Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
About Disney Television Animation:
Disney Television Animation loves characters. Characters reveal our deepest emotions and what it means to be human… even if you're an animated duck, mouse, muppet, lion, boy or girl. Are you the type of character that loves animation and wants to be part of the team that makes the magic happen? Disney Television Animation, an integral part of The Walt Disney Company, creates many of the company's most beloved animated shows. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals, we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Television Animation.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.