Vice President, Enterprise Commercial Strategy-MulticulturalApply NowApply Later Job ID 974808BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted May 08, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- Ideate, establish and communicate enterprise-wide “North Star” specific to Black consumers (including strategic goals, creative consumer positioning, ,and major activations), in partnership with xLOB marketing leads
- Provide prioritization guidance that is directly linked to the consumer strategy, ensuring maximum impact
- Provide strategic consultation to business and creative leaders as needed, with the goal of maximizing alignment where applicable and ensuring strategic throughline across efforts
- Drive commercial strategy including awareness, acquisition, conversion, retention and loyalty of prospective and existing consumers to grow audience and increase revenue
- Acts as chief integrator of horizontal and vertical market-facing strategies, collaborating to create synergy with new and existing consumer efforts that reach target audience
- On an ongoing basis, identify and communicate to marketing and strategy stakeholders key priorities for company-wide integration and execution on Black audience growth and engagement (e.g. D23, Black Panther 2, Disney 100)
- Inspire a culture of structured experimentation and iteration to drive audience growth
- Drive culturally relevant 365 engagement and communication with Black consumers that fills gaps between tentpoles, sparks energy around key milestone beats and builds greater awareness of TWDC offerings and connection to its brands/IP
- Create and implement strategic company-wide, cross functional marketing activations to deliver in key consumer-facing moments (EssenceFest, Black History Month, etc.)
- Along with Executive Champion, participate and weigh in on all major communication decisions specific to Black consumers
- Coordinate with DMED Integrated Planning to develop, manage and socialize an interactive calendar of Black audience milestones. Coordinate with Enterprise Franchise Management on Priority Audience and Corporate Synergy Planning to incorporate Black audience milestones.
- Identify a common set of strategic KPIs (in coordination with Corporate Brand Management) and measures of success, specific to audience growth
- Leverage Corporate Brand Management (CBM) Insights and Analytics CoE (who will draw from xLOB) to track and report progress against KPIs and success measures
- Identify and recommend opportunities to use insights to inform content, creative, product and other business decisions, leading through the lens of the consumer
- Leverage data and analytics for decision making and measuring marketing effectiveness
- Provide thought leadership by maintaining an ongoing pulse on Black communities through both traditional research and culturally relevant ways of listening and relationship building, normalizing reciprocity as a standard practice
- Process and Stakeholder Engagement
- Coordinate closely with Corporate Brand & Franchise Management Audience leads, to act as a cohesive unit and leverage their support and partnership
- Align and drive above strategies through regular convenings of business-unit marketers (including CMOs)
- Creating alignment and fostering integration across TWDC businesses; ensure clarity among BU leads on company-wide strategy, illuminating opportunities to bring to life in voice of their own business
- Lead agency relationship for any cross-line of business consumer facing marketing messaging and asset creation
- Communicate ongoing progress/updates specific to audience growth strategy to core BECE team and other stakeholders as needed
- 10 years of relevant marketing experience
- Subject matter expertise specific to Black consumers and/or diverse audiences
- Excellent writing and presentation skills
- Experiencing developing narratives and command a room and engage audiences from a variety of perspectives
- Experience working in a highly matrixed environment, including expertise in leading through others and a track record of leading successful cross functional programs
- Strong planning and project management skills, with the ability to effectively lead numerous stakeholders across a variety of functional areas to action
- Creativity, energy and significant analytical and marketing rigor experience
- Resourceful and highly results-motivated
- Ability to prioritize and implement efficiencies
- A deeply collaborative team player with a hands-on mentality
- Experience managing creative and media departments along with external agencies
- Experience and knowledge of audience segments (businesses, agencies, marketing partners, policy, influencers, consumers)
- Experience in operational efficiency through automation of tools and processes
- Excellent partner management – build strong relationships, frequent collaboration, clear communication and consistency in developing mutually-impactful strategies
This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Human Resources Services Co., LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Disney Human Resources Services Co., LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.