Visual Effects Designer PrincApply NowApply Later Job ID 942406BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Walt Disney Imagineering Date posted May 16, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
You will report to Manager, Digital Arts Studio
- Enhance and create visual media through use of 3D and 2D toolsets such as Unreal, Maya, Nuke, Houdini and Adobe After Effects
- Learn Disney production techniques and workflow
- Assist editorial process
- Execute rendering & quality control of show files using department render facilities
- Create media for Show Creative design leadership
- Execute In-field mapping techniques for scenic illusions
- Execute Field installation and QC of media
- Execute some independent design and editorial efforts
- Interact with Internal Department Staff as well as members of the Video Media Design Group and the Special Effects Group on a daily basis
- Interact with the project team when enabled by VFX team leadership
- Deal with requirements of the media to be created and give feedback on quality and satisfaction of visual requirements
- Provide guidance and work under the manager and/or portfolio leader
- Develop and invent new technology and assets for digital media production
- Review the work product of outside resources and/or firms
- Provide creative approval with permission of the manager or the portfolio lead
- Serve as delegate for manager as necessary to provide technical advice
- Ability to work with a medium size show team to implement and assist mock-ups and reviews
- Ability to communicate and present to department level management
- Ability to train and mentor interns and associates
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Adobe After Effects, Photoshop), Nuke and Maya
- Proficiencies in one or more the following packages: Unreal, Maya, Houdini, Nuke
- Professional Visual Effects design and animation experience
- Production pipeline strategy experience
- Digital Compositing experience
- Color Correction experience
- Experience with Digital media formats and compression
- Ability to work alone or with a work group
- 15 years’ experience in Visual Effects and motion graphics design
- Willingness to travel to domestic and foreign venues for extended periods of time
- Ability to obtain a passport and credit card for overseas travel
- An industry recognized portfolio of work and proven abilities to create quality product
- Broad knowledge of theme parks and attractions media production methods and pipeline
- Working knowledge of special effects projection systems
- Working knowledge of media playback systems such as Watchout
- Working knowledge of show programming methods
- Experience supervising installation of media assets on location
- Design experience in 2D graphics
- Working knowledge of various post production process and formats in both film and video
- Experience with green screen, blue screen and roto work
- Knowledge of video compression for Mpeg2 and other various formats
- BA, BFA or BS or equivalent work experience desired.
Additional Information:Benefits and Perks: Disney offers a rewards package to help you live your best life. This includes health and savings benefits, educational opportunities and special extras that only Disney can provide. Learn more about our benefits and perks at https://jobs.disneycareers.com/benefits.
This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
About Walt Disney Imagineering:
Founded in 1952 as WED Enterprises to design and build the world’s first theme park — Disneyland — Walt Disney Imagineering (WDI) is where imagination and creativity combine with cutting-edge technology to create unforgettable experiences. WDI is the creative force that imagines, designs and builds all Disney theme parks, resorts, attractions and cruise ships worldwide. Imagineering’s unique strength comes from its diverse global team of creative and technical professionals, who build on Disney’s legacy of storytelling to pioneer new forms of entertainment. The Imagineers who practice this unique blend of art and science work in more than 100 disciplines to shepherd an idea all the way from “blue sky” concept phase to opening day.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business we call Walt Disney Imagineering.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.