VP, Wholesale AccountsApply Now Apply Later Job ID 724631BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Dec. 20, 2019
Reporting to the Executive Vice President of Global Product Commercialization, the Vice President will be responsible for launching and operationalizing the Company’s Flexible Business Model (FBM), which includes wholesale and all commercial business models outside of third party licensing and vertical owned/operated. He/she will create a balance of products that will evolve and extend The Walt Disney Company brand and make it a partner of choice. This leader will serve as the architect of the operational strategy and execution plan, while achieving the financial objectives of the business. In addition to functional responsibilities, the Vice President will provide strong cross-functional leadership to the organization, engendering a deep understanding of the brand and seamless execution of the vision for the customer.
- Identify and lead go-to-market plan, business execution and fulfillment of all flexible models inclusive of wholesale, requiring a strong working knowledge and application of all facets of the retail business (e.g. operational strategy, planning, development, business operations, visual merchandising, etc.) to enable effective integration of functional experts.
- Establish end to end integrated, collaborative partnerships with multiple teams including Product Development, Disney Integrated Retail, Planning and Forecasting, Business Analytics & Insights and Supply Chain to deliver business results which maximize profitability and build brand equity.
- Lead line strategy and operations, developing comprehensive and integrated strategic merchandising plans that enable the achievement of business and revenue growth goals.
- In collaboration with business partners, drive through product flow, visual merchandising, marketing, pricing, promotions and proactive markdown planning for partner retailers.
- Take calculated risks to integrate processes, remove barriers and align performance goals.
- Minimum of 10 years senior-level merchandise leadership experience across multiple categories, trends, and brands
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience directly leading a wholesale and/or other FBM organization in a matrixed environment
- Demonstrated consumer product, consumer merchandise trends, financial planning and allocation experience
- Demonstrated success exceeding sales and profitability goals for top global consumer
- Entrepreneurial spirit with a commercial and strategic mindset
- Proven success as a breakthrough thinker who can perform in a competitive retail environment
- Strong business, analytical and financial acumen with a proven track record driving results
- Exceptional collaboration skills and role model for internal partnerships and external relationship building
- Open communicator and team player who shows curiosity for solution seeking
- Proven ability to analyze a problem skillfully, find creative solutions, formulate a logical rationale for the decision, and take action
- Convey an appropriate sense of urgency while identifying opportunities, developing alternatives and recommending solutions to complicated business issues in a self-sufficient and highly collaborative environment.
- Demonstrated ability to inspire and drive enthusiasm and teamwork with a commitment to excellence
- Demonstrated passion and commitment to diversity and inclusion including inviting diverse perspectives, fostering an inclusive work environment and supporting workforce diversity
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Consumer Products, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Consumer Products, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.