Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
Walt Disney Imagineering Communications Internship - Fall 2018Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 515630BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Disney Parks & Resorts Brand Walt Disney Imagineering Date posted 02/23/2018
At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team as a Professional Intern in any of our segments that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
PROJECTS OFFICE COORDINATION ADMINISTRATIVE
- Previous reporting/writing/editing experience with a student or professional publication in print, television or online media
- Proficiency with Associated Press writing style
- Proven ability to develop effective communication products
- Strong sense of customer service to all clients, including internal and external partners. Illustrates an attention to detail and exhibits the superior organization skills necessary to assist in coordinating all forms of communication (internal and external) for timely delivery of replies and processing information requests.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills crucial to effective interaction with all levels of the organization including senior-level executives and their assistants.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and ensure all deadlines are met.
- Ability to handle confidential information and to exercise good judgment and discretion when managing sensitive issues.
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, transcription and other office procedures and terminology, phone, calendar maintenance, filing, etc.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook; and SAP.
- Video editing experience and production
- Previous experience working in media relations or with a PR Agency (or related)
- Previous experience as a Disney Cast Member
- Currently enrolled as a Junior or higher, or graduated within the past 6 months, in an accredited college/university, earning a degree majoring in Communication/Marketing Communication/Visual Communication or related field
- GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from an accredited college/university within 6 months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must provide full work availability
- Must provide own transportation to/from work
- Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
The approximate dates of this internship are June 2018 through January 2019. Interns must be fully available for the duration of the internship.
Recommendation – Print This Role Description:
Strong candidates may be invited to complete a phone interview. We strongly encourage applicants to print a copy of this role description so they can refer to it in the event they are selected for a phone interview.