Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
WDI BIM Project Intern - Summer 2019Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 603948BR Location Glendale, California, United States; Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Walt Disney Imagineering Date posted Nov. 29, 2018
Job Summary:The primary responsibility of Design+Construction Technology is driving the Vision, Implementation and Support of Technology for Model Authoring, Collaboration and Analysis that guides design and construction delivery of our built projects at Walt Disney Imagineering.
Responsibilities:Reporting directly to one of our BIM-VDC Project Managers, this intern will support a project team on project model quality assurance and some model production.
- Work closely with project BIM-VDC Project Managers to support meeting preparations
- Support of projects using 3D Design Authoring products; review, check, model cleanup
- Work to understand and help teams adopt project standards
- Research, pilot, specific methods or applications for use in BIM practical solutions
- Interview teams for lessons learned in best practices on projects
- Interest in design authoring applications
- Minimum 1-2 years classroom knowledge of BIM and/or VDC processes
- Basic knowledge of Revit 3D modeling and documentation practices
- Basic knowledge of Rhino 3D modeling
- Ability to work in a face paced environment
- Ability to quickly learn new software tools
- Ability to create Revit family content
- Navisworks model review sessions
- BIM360 NexGen knowledge
- Sophomore, Junior or Senior undergraduate student or recent graduate (within 6 months of graduation) pursuing a Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university in Computer Science, Engineering, Architecture, Construction Management or related field.
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
Preferred EducationFocus on 3D Modeling
Additional Information:Internship Eligibility:
- Must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within the past 6 months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must provide full work availability
- Must provide own transportation to/from work
- Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
The approximate dates of this internship are May/June 2019 - August/September 2019. Interns must be available to work full-time for the duration of the internship.
About Walt Disney Imagineering:
Founded in 1952 as WED Enterprises to design and build the world’s first theme park — Disneyland — Walt Disney Imagineering (WDI) is where imagination and creativity combine with cutting-edge technology to create unforgettable experiences. WDI is the creative force that imagines, designs and builds all Disney theme parks, resorts, attractions and cruise ships worldwide. Imagineering’s unique strength comes from its diverse global team of creative and technical professionals, who build on Disney’s legacy of storytelling to pioneer new forms of entertainment. The Imagineers who practice this unique blend of art and science work in more than 100 disciplines to shepherd an idea all the way from “blue sky” concept phase to opening day.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Imagineering.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.