Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
WDI Finance Internship – Glendale – Summer 2020Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 709924BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Walt Disney Imagineering Date posted Oct. 09, 2019
The intern will be responsible for maintaining financial reports, monitoring and controlling costs and budgets, tracking commitments both internal and 3rd party consultants and contractors, preparing budgets and performing financial sensitivity analysis where appropriate. The intern will assist in the development and monitoring of key internal controls, and develop working relationships with internal customers and understand their core business.
Responsibilities:Make an impact by…
- Maintaining accurate financial information and developing basic financial models for performance and trend analysis
- Identifying financial issues and presenting analyses in a format that clearly communicates results for management evaluation
- Understanding accounting impacts to areas of responsibility that could affect financial performance
- Interfacing and building rapport with project /department team members, management, and internal/external customers
- Ensuring compliance with Company financial policies
- Analyzing complex journal entries which can have a significant impact
- Developing alternatives/proposals for process improvements
- Working with the project team to establish budgets and costing strategies
- Setting up and maintaining WBS (Work Breakdown Structure)
- Approving project commitments and auditing project activity
- Working with project team to maintain EFC’s (estimated final costs)
- Overseeing the invoice payment process
- Providing regular reporting and analysis management (e.g. cash flow analysis and forecasting, completion cost reporting, AOP)
Basic Qualifications:What we’re looking for…
- Ability to work in a flexible team environment including functional groups outside of the department
- Organized individual with initiative willing to take a creative approach and work on assigned projects independently
- Exceptional verbal and written communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Experience with creative thinking and fast turnaround production
- Ability to develop and interpret financial models
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and work with deadlines
- Demonstrated computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Proficiency in spreadsheet and word processing computer applications and must have a conceptual understanding of integrated financial systems
Preferred Qualifications:Also a plus…
- SAP experience
- Currently enrolled as a Junior or higher, or must have graduated from an accredited college/university within the past 6 months, earning a degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or a closely related field
- Minimum GPA of 3.4
- Rising seniors or recent grads preferred
Additional Information:Internship Eligibility:
- Must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within the past 6 months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Professional internship at the time of application
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must provide full work availability
- Must provide own transportation to/from work location
- Must be able to provide own housing for the duration of the internship
- Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
The approximate dates of this internship are May/June 2020 through August/September 2020. Interns must be fully available for the duration of the internship.
About Walt Disney Imagineering:
Founded in 1952 as WED Enterprises to design and build the world’s first theme park — Disneyland — Walt Disney Imagineering (WDI) is where imagination and creativity combine with cutting-edge technology to create unforgettable experiences. WDI is the creative force that imagines, designs and builds all Disney theme parks, resorts, attractions and cruise ships worldwide. Imagineering’s unique strength comes from its diverse global team of creative and technical professionals, who build on Disney’s legacy of storytelling to pioneer new forms of entertainment. The Imagineers who practice this unique blend of art and science work in more than 100 disciplines to shepherd an idea all the way from “blue sky” concept phase to opening day.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Imagineering.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.