Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
WDI Fire Protection Engineering Intern, Summer/Fall 2023Apply NowApply Later Job ID 10038836 Location Glendale, California, United States Business Walt Disney Imagineering Date posted Jan. 17, 2023
Walt Disney Imagineering is the creative force that imagines, designs and brings to life all Disney theme parks, resorts, attractions and cruise ships worldwide. Working across a spectrum of disciplines that range from creative and conceptual to scientific and technical, Imagineers blend an innovative mixture of storytelling, art, science and technology to create immersive experiences, memorable destinations, and innovative entertainment for families around the globe.
What we’re looking for…
An intern who will have a wide range of opportunities to contribute to project success by developing designs and providing engineering support to Walt Disney Imagineering Architects and Engineers on various type of projects including Attractions, Resorts, Food and Beverage, Retail and Entertainment venues.
Assist project Engineers and Architects including: Fire Protection, Civil, Structural, Mechanical, Plumbing, and Electrical, in all phases of project work, from drafting, on-site as-built documentation, design coordination with outside design consultants, field data collection, design / production work, construction administration, loss prevention, commissioning, and close-out documentation for a variety of projects ranging in scope from minor rehabs to building new facilities.
What you bring to the role…
- Prior related work experience is desired, including co-op/intern programs with a focus on architecture, engineering, or construction
- Demonstrated/proven strong leadership, technical and interpersonal skills
- Self-starter with demonstrated initiative - able to handle multiple tasks and priorities
- Availability to work various shifts commensurate with project requirements
- Ability to manage time effectively and in various work locations including on project sites and occasional remote work
- Currently enrolled as a Junior or higher (including Master’s degree programs), or must have graduated within the past 6 months from an accredited college/university earning a degree majoring in Fire Protection Engineering or Fire Protection and Safety Engineering Technology
The pay rate for this internship in California is $25.50 per hour for undergraduate students and $26.50 per hour for graduate students
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within 6 months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- This internship is a hybrid position-- Must be able to provide own housing and reliable transportation for work in the Glendale, CA area. Also requires a working, reliable internet connection as well as a quiet, dedicated workspace.
- Program length-- The approximate dates of this internship are June 2023 through January 2024
- Housing-- Must provide own housing for the duration of the internship program in the Glendale, CA area
- Transportation-- Must have reliable transportation to/from work
About Walt Disney Imagineering:
Founded in 1952 as WED Enterprises to design and build the world’s first theme park — Disneyland — Walt Disney Imagineering (WDI) is where imagination and creativity combine with cutting-edge technology to create unforgettable experiences. WDI is the creative force that imagines, designs and builds all Disney theme parks, resorts, attractions and cruise ships worldwide. Imagineering’s unique strength comes from its diverse global team of creative and technical professionals, who build on Disney’s legacy of storytelling to pioneer new forms of entertainment. The Imagineers who practice this unique blend of art and science work in more than 100 disciplines to shepherd an idea all the way from “blue sky” concept phase to opening day.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business we call Walt Disney Imagineering.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.