Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
WDI Fire Protection Engineering Internship -Glendale, CA - Summer 2019Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 663553BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Walt Disney Imagineering Date posted May. 14, 2019
Job Summary:What we’re looking for…
An intern who will have a wide range of opportunities to assist and provide key data to Walt Disney Imagineering Architects and Engineers on various type of projects including Attractions, Maintenance, Foods, Merchandise and Entertainment.
Assist project Engineers and Architects including: Fire Protection, Civil, Structural, Mechanical, Plumbing, and Electrical, in all phases of project work, from drafting, on-site as-built documentation, design coordination with outside design consultants, field data collection, design / production work, construction administration, loss prevention, commissioning, and close-out documentation for a variety of projects ranging in scope from minor rehabs to building new facilities.
Basic Qualifications:What you bring to the role…
- Prior related work experience is desired, including co-op/intern programs with a focus on architecture, engineering, or construction.
- Demonstrated/proven strong leadership, technical and interpersonal skills
- Self-starter with demonstrated initiative - able to handle multiple tasks and priorities
- Availability to work various shifts commensurate with project requirements
- Currently enrolled as a Junior or higher, or must have graduated within the past 6 months from an accredited college/university earning a degree majoring in Fire Protection Engineering or Fire Protection and Safety Engineering Technology
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher as shown on a transcript. Please upload a transcript when applying
College transcripts (official or unofficial) - Please upload your transcript while completing the online application
To upload this document:
- Log into your dashboard at www.DisneyInterns.com
- Click the second tab "Applications"
- Select "Submitted Applications"
- Click on the title of the position for which you would like to attach the transcript
- Click the "Add Files" button
- Under what do you want to add, select Transcript
- Be sure your document is titled in this format: FirstName_LastName_Transcript
- Must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within the past 6 months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must provide full work availability
- Must provide own transportation to/from work
- Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
The approximate dates of this internship are May/June 2019 through August/September 2019. Interns must be fully available for the duration of the internship.
About Walt Disney Imagineering:
Founded in 1952 as WED Enterprises to design and build the world’s first theme park — Disneyland — Walt Disney Imagineering (WDI) is where imagination and creativity combine with cutting-edge technology to create unforgettable experiences. WDI is the creative force that imagines, designs and builds all Disney theme parks, resorts, attractions and cruise ships worldwide. Imagineering’s unique strength comes from its diverse global team of creative and technical professionals, who build on Disney’s legacy of storytelling to pioneer new forms of entertainment. The Imagineers who practice this unique blend of art and science work in more than 100 disciplines to shepherd an idea all the way from “blue sky” concept phase to opening day.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Imagineering.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.