Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
WDI Graduate Finance Intern (MBA) – Glendale – Summer 2020Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 709914BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Walt Disney Imagineering Date posted Oct. 17, 2019
Responsibilities:Make an impact by…
- Providing analytical support for strategic initiatives at WDI
- Managing large data sets in support of analytical work
- Working as thought partner with Finance leadership to understand key drivers of strategic initiatives and develop metrics quantifying progress
- Working between Finance team and studios at WDI to assist in development of standard efficiency measures
- Preparing presentation decks and present findings and proposals to WDI leadership
- Analyzing, communicating and reporting on cost reductions
- Analyzing operational performance and metrics
- Tracking and monitoring of performance metrics
- Working on ad-hoc projects and analytics
Basic Qualifications:We’re looking for…
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to gather, process, and analyze information coming from various sources and develop a framework to answer underlying questions
- Ability to develop and interpret financial models, including discount cash flow models
- Exceptional verbal and written communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Organized individual with initiative, willing to take a creative approach and work on assigned projects independently
- Ability to prioritize tasks
- Experience with creative thinking and fast turnaround production
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and work within deadlines
- Ability to work in a flexible team environment, including functional groups outside of the department
- Demonstrated advanced computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- SAP experience
- Current Masters of Business Administration Candidate (or recent graduate) with coursework in Finance & Strategy
Additional Information:Internship Eligibility:
- Must be enrolled in a an MBA program taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within the past six (6) months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must provide full work availability
- Must provide own transportation to/from work location
- Must be able to provide own housing for the duration of the internship
- Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
The approximate dates of this internship are May/June 2020 through August/September 2020. Interns must be fully available for the duration of the internship.
About Walt Disney Imagineering:
Founded in 1952 as WED Enterprises to design and build the world’s first theme park — Disneyland — Walt Disney Imagineering (WDI) is where imagination and creativity combine with cutting-edge technology to create unforgettable experiences. WDI is the creative force that imagines, designs and builds all Disney theme parks, resorts, attractions and cruise ships worldwide. Imagineering’s unique strength comes from its diverse global team of creative and technical professionals, who build on Disney’s legacy of storytelling to pioneer new forms of entertainment. The Imagineers who practice this unique blend of art and science work in more than 100 disciplines to shepherd an idea all the way from “blue sky” concept phase to opening day.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Imagineering.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.