Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
WDI Information Design Internship - Glendale, CA - Spring 2019Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 605233BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Walt Disney Imagineering Date posted Nov. 05, 2018
Job Summary:“We Change Lives.” Walt Disney Imagineering is the master planning, creative development, design, engineering, production, project management, and research and development arm of The Walt Disney Company. Its talented corps of Imagineers is responsible for the creation - from concept initiation through installation - of all Disney Resorts, theme parks and attractions, real estate developments, regional entertainment venues, and new media projects.
The Menu Planning and Development Strategy Studio interfaces directly with the creative development and project management teams on all design work from initial ideation to capital approval – helping guide the focus of resources to create new and enhanced Guest experiences and leverage Disney strategic intellectual property to drive long-term value for the Company. The teams work closely with key counterparts in Operations, Finance, Marketing, & Global Business Development to manage and evolve master plans for all global locations to drive the greatest business and strategic value.
What we’re looking for…
An Information Design Intern to be responsible for a variety of visual representations of strategies, process, plans, and data from inception through production. You will design presentations, reports, and exhibits that are adaptable for a variety of different audiences and mediums in order to clearly communicate Walt Disney Parks and Resorts planning.
- Design, create, and execute compelling presentations, reports, exhibits, and assisting visuals
- Identify relevant assets and information to assemble presentation materials
- Perform research and reconciliation to provide reference materials
- Collaborate with other team members of varying backgrounds
- Contribute to the culture and community of the Studio
|What you bring to the role…|
- Strong visual design background with experience in both print and digital mediums
- Ability to distill complex information, including technical details, into engaging messages accessible to a wide audience
- Experience with typographic layouts and an eye for typography
- Demonstrated mastery of Illustrator and InDesign
- Diligent and effective worker with the ability to go above and beyond to consistently deliver extremely high quality materials on short timeframes
- Strategic & creative thinker
- Experience in a graphic design or architecture role in a professional environment
- Experience with Keynote and Adobe Creative Suite
- Comfortable with data and/or information design
- Currently enrolled as a Junior or higher, or graduated within the past 6 months, from an accredited college/university, earning a degree majoring in Graphic Design, Visual Communications
Additional Information:Materials Required:
College transcripts (official or unofficial) - Please upload your transcript while completing the online application
To upload this document:Log into your dashboard at www.DisneyInterns.com
- Log into your dashboard
- Click the second tab "Applications"
- Select "Submitted Applications"
- Click on the title of the position for which you would like to attach the transcript
- Click the "Add Files" button
- Under what do you want to add, select Transcript
- Be sure your document is titled in this format: FirstName_LastName_Transcript
- Must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within the past 6 months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must provide full work availability
- Must provide own transportation to/from work
- Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months.
The approximate dates of this internship are January 2019 through April 2019. Intern must be fully available for the duration of the internship.
About Walt Disney Imagineering:
Founded in 1952 as WED Enterprises to design and build the world’s first theme park — Disneyland — Walt Disney Imagineering (WDI) is where imagination and creativity combine with cutting-edge technology to create unforgettable experiences. WDI is the creative force that imagines, designs and builds all Disney theme parks, resorts, attractions and cruise ships worldwide. Imagineering’s unique strength comes from its diverse global team of creative and technical professionals, who build on Disney’s legacy of storytelling to pioneer new forms of entertainment. The Imagineers who practice this unique blend of art and science work in more than 100 disciplines to shepherd an idea all the way from “blue sky” concept phase to opening day.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Imagineering.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.