Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
WDI Interior Design Internship - Glendale, CA - Fall 2022Apply NowApply Later Job ID 963223BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Walt Disney Imagineering Date posted May 10, 2022
An Interior Design Studio Intern who will work with the department responsible for the design of interior spaces for our Resorts Worldwide. This includes theme park restaurants, retail, theaters and attractions, hotels, and cruise ships. The scope of work encompasses conceptual design through contract documentation, including specifications of all materials and furnishings.
- Provide support to various projects by assisting in project design development and technical documentation
- Provide design documentation in the form of graphic illustration, imagery boards, color renderings, and research and documentation on assigned projects
- Perform various basic technical tasks and documentation, including color & material design and documentation, basic REVIT support, and FF&E design and specifications
- Provide design and analysis in support of the production of design/construction/contract documents under close supervision
Basic Qualifications:What you bring to the role…
- Working knowledge and classroom experience in the practice of interior design
- Demonstrated thoughtful design, artistic skills and professional judgment in problem solving
- Demonstrated proficiency in Revit and digital illustration tools such as Creative Suite, Photoshop, InDesign and Rhino
- Must possess a valid Driver's License
- Currently enrolled as a Junior or higher, or graduated within the past 6 months, from an accredited college/university, earning a degree from an Interior Design Program
Additional Information:Materials Required:
A portfolio review is required for this position. For full consideration, please include a link to your portfolio on your résumé. Applicants without a portfolio link on their résumé, will not be considered a completed application packet and may not be fully considered for the position.
- At the time of application, must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within 6 months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must provide full work availability
- Must provide own transportation to/from work
- Must be able to provide own housing for the duration of the internship
- Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
About Walt Disney Imagineering:
Founded in 1952 as WED Enterprises to design and build the world’s first theme park — Disneyland — Walt Disney Imagineering (WDI) is where imagination and creativity combine with cutting-edge technology to create unforgettable experiences. WDI is the creative force that imagines, designs and builds all Disney theme parks, resorts, attractions and cruise ships worldwide. Imagineering’s unique strength comes from its diverse global team of creative and technical professionals, who build on Disney’s legacy of storytelling to pioneer new forms of entertainment. The Imagineers who practice this unique blend of art and science work in more than 100 disciplines to shepherd an idea all the way from “blue sky” concept phase to opening day.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business we call Walt Disney Imagineering.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.