Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
WDI Interior Design Internship - Glendale, CA - Summer 2018Apply Now Job ID 490425BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Disney Parks & Resorts Brand Walt Disney Imagineering Date posted 12/04/2017
We are looking for an Interior Design Studio Intern who will work with the department responsible for the design of interior spaces for our Resorts Worldwide. This includes theme park restaurants, retail, theaters and attractions, hotels, and cruise ships. The scope of work encompasses conceptual design through contract documentation, including specifications of all materials and furnishings.
- Provide support to various projects by assisting in project design development and technical documentation
- Provide design documentation in the form of graphic illustration, imagery boards, color renderings, and research and documentation on assigned projects
- Perform various basic technical tasks and documentation, including color & material design and documentation, basic REVIT support, and FF&E design and specifications
- Provide design and analysis in support of the production of design/construction/contract documents under close supervision
Basic QualificationsWhat you bring to the role...
- Working knowledge and classroom experience in the practice of interior design
- Demonstrated thoughtful design, artistic skills and professional judgment in problem solving
- Demonstrated proficiency in Revit and digital illustration tools such as Creative Suite, Illustrator, InDesign and Rhino
- A portfolio review is required for this position. For full consideration, please include a link to your portfolio on your résumé. Applicants without a portfolio link on their résumé, will not be considered a completed application packet and may not be fully considered for the position.
- Currently enrolled as a Junior, Senior, or graduated within the past 6 months, from an accredited college/university, earning a degree from an Interior Design Program
Company OverviewThe Walt Disney Company is the global leader in high-quality entertainment and innovative technology. Begin a career that delivers unparalleled creative content and experiences to audiences around the world.
Additional InformationMaterials Required:
College transcripts (official or unofficial) - Please upload your transcript while completing the online application
To upload this document:
- Log into your dashboard at www.DisneyInterns.com
- Click the link labeled “Edit Profile Info”
- Click on the “Attachments” Tab
- Be sure your document is in the required title format: FirstName_LastName_Type (i.e. Mickey_Mouse_Transcript)
- Select document type of “Other”
- Must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within the past 6 months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must provide full work availability
- Must provide own transportation to/from work
- Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
The approximate dates of this internship are May or June 2018 through August/September 2018. Interns must be fully available for the duration of the internship.
Recommendation – Print or Save This Role Description:
Strong candidates may be invited to complete a phone interview. We strongly encourage applicants to print a copy of this role description so they can refer to it in the event they are selected for a phone interview. Note that this role description will not be accessible once the posting is closed.