Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
WDI Master Planning Internship -Orlando, FL & Glendale, CA-Summer 2020Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 736525BR Location Glendale, California, United States; Orlando, Florida, United States Business Walt Disney Imagineering Date posted Jan. 03, 2020
The Master Planning Studio stewards the master planning process, communicates key data and context for planning decisions, and contributes to projects through smart planning advice and support enabling the full development potential for our resorts. The Master Planning studio focuses on five key areas of expertise: Land Planning, Urban & Regional Planning, Transportation & Infrastructure planning, Environmental Planning & Permitting, and Real Estate Development & Entitlements.
What we’re looking for…
An intern to support the WDI Master Planning functions in one or more areas, including land and urban planning, transportation and infrastructure planning, land strategy design work, and/or real estate development and entitlements. WDI Master Planning manages the long-term development framework for sustainable growth of each resort and provides expertise to support new business opportunities.
- Support the Master Planning Studio on relevant, day-to-day, planning-related design issues
- Provide creative, production and/or technical land and urban planning support to the Master Planning and/or project specific teams across WDI
- Provide planning and design documentation in the form of graphic illustrations, imagery, boards, color renderings, and research and documentation on assigned projects
- Work closely with the Designer and/or team leaders to coordinate and assist in executing site planning analysis, 3D visualization and property-wide master planning initiatives and services
- Create graphic visualizations and presentation storylines
- Conduct research and provide data analysis to help inform short and long-term planning and development decisions
- Provide inputs and updates to a global planning database
- Monitor and analyze industry trends and market changes
Basic Qualifications:What you bring to the role…
- Ability to visualize and communicate complex information in simple and bold ways
- Experience with graphically communicating and problem solving via sketching, digital design, etc.
- Ability to quickly analyze and synthesize data to apply to planning and design strategy
- Ability to learn key project delivery methods while working on a variety of project types and scales
- Advanced design drawing capabilities in Adobe Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign)
- Working knowledge of CAD software
- Proficiency in digital design tools (3D Studio Max, SketchUp, Revit)
- Working knowledge of ArcGIS and extensions
- Strong strategic, technical, and analytical skills
- Highly collaborative and team-oriented work style
- A portfolio review is required for this position. For full consideration, please include a link to your portfolio on your résumé. Applicants without a portfolio link on their résumé, will not be considered a completed application packet and may not be fully considered for the position.
- Job related experience with large scale community and/or resort planning
- Job related experience with digital-based design in architectural, city planning and/or urban design
- Experience with sustainable site planning & development
- Membership in relevant professional organization(s)
- In pursuit of advanced professional degree (i.e. Master’s) in planning-related field
- Currently enrolled as a Junior or higher, or graduated from an accredited college/university, earning a degree majoring in Architecture, Landscape Architecture, Urban Planning, Urban Design, Real Estate Development or other related field
Additional Information:Internship Eligibility:
- At the time of application, must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within 6 months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must provide full work availability
- Must provide own transportation to/from work location
- Must be able to provide own housing for the duration of the internship
- Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
The approximate dates of this internship are May/June 2020 through August/September 2020. Interns must be fully available for the duration of the internship.
About Walt Disney Imagineering:
Founded in 1952 as WED Enterprises to design and build the world’s first theme park — Disneyland — Walt Disney Imagineering (WDI) is where imagination and creativity combine with cutting-edge technology to create unforgettable experiences. WDI is the creative force that imagines, designs and builds all Disney theme parks, resorts, attractions and cruise ships worldwide. Imagineering’s unique strength comes from its diverse global team of creative and technical professionals, who build on Disney’s legacy of storytelling to pioneer new forms of entertainment. The Imagineers who practice this unique blend of art and science work in more than 100 disciplines to shepherd an idea all the way from “blue sky” concept phase to opening day.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Imagineering.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.