Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
WDI Planning & Development Internship - Glendale, CA - Fall 2018Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 525939BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Disney Parks & Resorts Brand Walt Disney Imagineering Date posted 03/06/2018
The Menu Planning and Development Strategy Studio interfaces directly with the creative development and project management teams on all design work from initial ideation to capital approval – helping guide the focus of resources to create new and enhanced Guest experiences and leverage Disney strategic intellectual property to drive long-term value for the Company. The teams work closely with key counterparts in Operations, Finance, Marketing, & Global Business Development to manage and evolve master plans for all global locations to drive the greatest business and strategic value.
What we’re looking for…
A Planning and Development Intern to be responsible for developing, analyzing, and maintaining a variety of documents from inception through production. You will assist in developing planning strategies, analyzing data, and supporting the pipeline of projects at Walt Disney Imagineering.
- Create and maintain planning document to align with current business objectives
- Analyze and identify opportunities for more optimized investment strategies
- Track and status Walt Disney Imagineering projects in flight
- Develop proposals to improve the process for early phases of project development
- Collaborate with other team members of varying backgrounds
- Contribute to the culture and community of the Studio
Basic QualificationsWhat you bring to the role…
- Strong analytical background with experience in analyzing data and providing recommendations
- Ability to distill complex information and translate into effective presentation materials
- Experience working in teams and the ability to develop strong relationships with people of diverse backgrounds
- Demonstrated mastery of MS PowerPoint (or Keynote) and MS Excel
- Diligent and effective worker with the ability to go above and beyond to consistently deliver extremely high quality materials on short timeframes
- Strategic & creative thinker
- Experience analyzing data and giving presentations in a professional environment
- Demonstrated experience with Tableau or other analytical software with presentation capability
- Comfortable with data and/or information design
- Currently enrolled as a Junior or higher, or graduated within the past 6 months, from an accredited college/university, earning a degree majoring in Engineering, Finance, Math, Economics, Business
Company OverviewThe Walt Disney Company is the global leader in high-quality entertainment and innovative technology. Begin a career that delivers unparalleled creative content and experiences to audiences around the world.
Additional InformationMaterials Required:
College transcripts (official or unofficial) - Please upload your transcript while completing the online application
To upload this document:Log into your dashboard at www.DisneyInterns.com
- Click the link labeled “Edit Profile Info”
- Click on the “Attachments” Tab
- Be sure your document is in the required title format: FirstName_LastName_Type (i.e. Mickey_Mouse_Transcript)
- Select document type of “Other”
- Must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within the past 6 months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must provide full work availability
- Must provide own transportation to/from work
- Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months.
The approximate dates of this internship are May 2018 through January 2019. Intern must be fully available for the duration of the internship.
Recommendation – Print This Role Description:
Strong candidates may be invited to complete a phone interview. We strongly encourage applicants to print a copy of this role description so they can refer to it in the event they are selected for a phone interview. Note that this role description will not be accessible once the posting is closed.