Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
WDI Project Controls Specialist Internship - Glendale, CA, Fall 2018Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 564710BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Disney Parks & Resorts Brand Walt Disney Imagineering Date posted Jun. 12, 2018
Job Summary:“We Change Lives.” Walt Disney Imagineering is the master planning, creative development, design, engineering, production, project management, and research and development arm of The Walt Disney Company. Its talented corps of Imagineers is responsible for the creation - from concept initiation through installation - of all Disney Resorts, theme parks and attractions, real estate developments, regional entertainment venues, and new media projects.
An intern who will work within the department that provides planning and scheduling expertise to all WDI functional disciplines and project teams. Our department develops comprehensive implementation strategies and incorporates deliverables into discipline schedules. We prepare contractor/vendor bid package schedule reporting requirements and determine contract schedule milestones. We ensure project plans and schedules are consistent with Show and Ride strategies, and monitor and evaluate risks and present recovery/mitigation plans to support the project schedule objectives. We also perform earned value analysis and progress reports when needed.
- Assist Project Planners in development of scope, strategy, and estimate documents to develop design and/or production schedules
- Progress and update schedule status for each schedule activity (percent complete, remaining duration, etc.)
- Coordinate with Project Planners, vendors and responsible team members to develop and integrate activity durations and logic sequences required to perform project work
- Produce schedule reports, as required, supporting project and functional management reporting needs
- Apply appropriate policies and procedures, including WDI planning procedures and reporting requirements
- Work with project team members as required to collect and assemble information
- Communicate with team members to collect and assemble information relevant to planning and scheduling tasks and progress/status reporting
- Prepare bi-weekly Earned Value reports
|What you bring to the role…|
- Working knowledge of computerized schedule programs
- Experience with preparing project plans from scoping/strategy documents, and working with deliverables and strategies to develop schedules
- Ability to coordinate with project planners, vendors/consultants, and responsible team members to develop activity durations and logic sequences required to perform project work
- Understanding of CPM scheduling and developing schedule logic using Primavera Project Planner
- Knowledge of design, manufacturing and/or construction
- Knowledge of BIM
- Experience with using graphic programs to assemble presentations and visual plans desired
- Knowledge of planning and scheduling and/or Disney planning/coordination experience
- Hands on Primavera and/or computer scheduling experience
- Knowledge and ability to use graphic programs highly desired (Adobe Acrobat, Blue Beam, CAD, Photoshop, Etc.)
- Currently enrolled as a Junior or higher, or graduated within the past 6 months, from an accredited college/university, earning a degree majoring in Engineering, Project Management, or Construction Management with an emphasis on scheduling
Additional Information:Materials Required:
College transcripts (official or unofficial) - Please upload your transcript while completing the online application
To upload this document:
- Log into your dashboard at www.DisneyInterns.com
- Click the link labeled “Edit Profile Info”
- Click on the “Attachments” Tab
- Be sure your document is in the required title format: FirstName_LastName_Type (i.e. Mickey_Mouse_Transcript)
- Select document type of “Other”
- Must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within the past 6 months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must provide full work availability
- Must provide own transportation to/from work
- Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
The approximate dates of this internship are early September 2018 through late November 2018. Interns must be fully available for the duration of the internship.
About Walt Disney Imagineering:
Founded in 1952 as WED Enterprises to design and build the world’s first theme park — Disneyland — Walt Disney Imagineering (WDI) is where imagination and creativity combine with cutting-edge technology to create unforgettable experiences. WDI is the creative force that imagines, designs and builds all Disney theme parks, resorts, attractions and cruise ships worldwide. Imagineering’s unique strength comes from its diverse global team of creative and technical professionals, who build on Disney’s legacy of storytelling to pioneer new forms of entertainment. The Imagineers who practice this unique blend of art and science work in more than 100 disciplines to shepherd an idea all the way from “blue sky” concept phase to opening day.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Imagineering.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.