Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
WDI Project Coordination Internship – Glendale – Fall 2019Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 687237BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Walt Disney Imagineering Date posted Jul. 10, 2019
Job Summary:A Project Coordination Intern who will be responsible for coordinating the quality, schedule and scope of Company projects by ensuring streamlined communication, product movement and process flow from concept design through implementation and closeout. The Coordinator must consistently maintain a bottom-up, broad perspective across all disciplines in order to ensure that all aspects of the work are covered and no efforts are duplicated.
- Support the creative team on the day to day needs of experience design projects
- Assist in managing scope of work which is self-contained and definable
- Develop and/or maintains scope lists, show lists, deliverable matrixes, shipping documents
- Gather design input and distribute communication
- Monitor meetings and other communications and provides updates as necessary in order to ensure proper integration and to resolve issues in a timely manner
- Create and assist disciplines in creating both physical and digital presentations throughout a project’s life cycle
- Coordinate mock ups and vendor liaison issues
- Communicate with more senior level Project Coordinators, Producers, Show Managers, Project Managers, and discipline Leads relative to status updates of schedule progress, design inputs required, completion of design milestones, metrics on earned value, etc.
Basic Qualifications:What you bring to the role…
- Computer proficiency with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Keynote, Photoshop, Illustrator, and the Internet
- An understanding of the creative process and how to best support multidisciplinary design and production work
- Ability to integrate collaboration within the project team
- Appreciation for an integrated design and production experience with multiple disciplines
- Currently enrolled as a Junior or higher, or must have graduated from an accredited college/university within the past 6 months, earning a degree in Theater, Environmental Design, Themed Entertainment, Business or a closely related field
Additional Information:Internship Eligibility:
- Must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within the past 6 months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Professional internship at the time of application
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must provide full work availability
- Must provide own transportation to/from work location
- Must be able to provide own housing for the duration of the internship
- Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
The approximate dates of this internship are September through December 2019. Interns must be fully available for the duration of the internship.
About Walt Disney Imagineering:
Founded in 1952 as WED Enterprises to design and build the world’s first theme park — Disneyland — Walt Disney Imagineering (WDI) is where imagination and creativity combine with cutting-edge technology to create unforgettable experiences. WDI is the creative force that imagines, designs and builds all Disney theme parks, resorts, attractions and cruise ships worldwide. Imagineering’s unique strength comes from its diverse global team of creative and technical professionals, who build on Disney’s legacy of storytelling to pioneer new forms of entertainment. The Imagineers who practice this unique blend of art and science work in more than 100 disciplines to shepherd an idea all the way from “blue sky” concept phase to opening day.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Imagineering.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.