Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
WDI Project Engineer Internship - Glendale, CA - Fall 2019Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 700303BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Walt Disney Imagineering Date posted Sep. 16, 2019
A Project Engineering Intern to be responsible for the technical coordination and integration of the Design and Planning (D&P) disciplines during the course of a specific project, land, or park including coordination of D&P efforts with Creative Show and Ride Studios.
- Assist Project Engineer or Design Manager in the architecture and facilities engineering project coordination and integration from conceptual design through construction of themed entertainment projects. This includes:
- Assisting in facilitating technical coordination of A/E design documents, models, specs, basis of design among D&P disciplines and across WDI Divisions (Ride and Creative Show) and in consideration of programmatic requirements (Operational Stakeholders)
- Assisting in coordinating the document release process between disciplines and document control specialist (plot coordination, repro and digital/physical distribution
- Assisting in organizing and facilitating big room/Integrated Concurrent Engineering (ICE) sessions and design reviews
- Assisting with quality assurance and control, both with design documentation as well as field construction
- Assisting in the resolution of questions arising from construction documents, field conditions and contractor requests for information
- Tracking of facility punch lists
- Coordinating document release process between disciplines and document control specialist (plot coordination, repro and digital/physical distribution)
- Providing technical input to other project team members as required to assist with project decision-making and settling of contractor change orders
- Resolving questions arising from construction documents, field conditions and contractor requests for information
Basic Qualifications:What you bring to the role…
- Working knowledge of Building Information Management (BIM)
- Knowledgeable in the use of computer technology in the CADD generation of drawings
- Experience working with punch lists in a construction environment
- Experience in a Project Engineer role in a professional construction environment
- Currently enrolled as a Junior or higher, or graduated within the past 6 months, from an accredited college/university, earning a degree majoring in Engineering, Architecture, or similar
College transcripts (official or unofficial) - Please upload your transcript while completing the online application
To upload this document:
Log into your dashboard at www.DisneyInterns.com Click the second tab "Applications" Select "Submitted Applications" Click on the title of the position for which you would like to attach the transcript Click the "Add Files" button Under what do you want to add, select Transcript Be sure your document is titled in this format: FirstName_LastName_Transcript A portfolio review is required for this position. For full consideration, please include a link to your portfolio on your résumé. Applicants without a portfolio link on their résumé, will not be considered a completed application packet and may not be fully considered for the position.
- Must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within the past 6 months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must provide full work availability
- Must provide own transportation to/from work
- Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
- Program Length:
The approximate dates of this internship are September 2019 through December 2019. Interns must be fully available for the duration of the internship.
About Walt Disney Imagineering:
Founded in 1952 as WED Enterprises to design and build the world’s first theme park — Disneyland — Walt Disney Imagineering (WDI) is where imagination and creativity combine with cutting-edge technology to create unforgettable experiences. WDI is the creative force that imagines, designs and builds all Disney theme parks, resorts, attractions and cruise ships worldwide. Imagineering’s unique strength comes from its diverse global team of creative and technical professionals, who build on Disney’s legacy of storytelling to pioneer new forms of entertainment. The Imagineers who practice this unique blend of art and science work in more than 100 disciplines to shepherd an idea all the way from “blue sky” concept phase to opening day.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Imagineering.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.