WDI Show Control Software Intern, Glendale Spring 2020
Glendale, CA - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 711781BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Walt Disney Imagineering Date posted 09/10/2019
We want to make sure our ideas are the best they can be before we put them in front of our guests, but we also have to manage our budgets and schedules responsibly. To this end, we are continuously investing in ways to prototype, simulate, stress test, or unit test, as much as we can. This role will focus on furthering our abilities to test and vet as much of these software efforts as possible.
- Work with Controls Software Test leaders to ideate, plan, and execute test plans and equipment setup for product and project success.
- Adhere to Department guidelines and best practices for software development, process tracking, documentation generation, and closeout activities.
- Close the loop of communication (and understanding) between code developer and code tester. We interact a lot with our teams, so a healthy dose of outreach is everyone’s responsibility.
- Must balance evolving technical requirements with fixed budgets and schedules, and communicate risks and options to both Studio and Project leadership in a timely fashion.
- Partner with Department leadership to execute System Testbed project goals, including: enhancement of testbed capabilities, and application of testbed to product/project development instances.
- Experience with modern software development practices, including version control and workflow management tools such as JIRA, Clarity, Github, Gitlab, Subversion, Perforce, Bitbucket, Bamboo, Crucible, Jenkins, etc.
- Experience with process control/controls engineering industry standards and development. platforms/languages/technologies, including PLCs, FPGAs, embedded controllers/microcontrollers, and RTOS programming environments.
- Experience with mechanical/mechatronic/robotics systems and software toolsets or platforms used to influence or govern the motion of real world apparatuses.
- Demonstrable technical writing, documentation, and communication skills.
- Currently enrolled as a Sophomore or higher, or having graduated within the past 6 months from an accredited College/University while earning a degree majoring in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or similar field.
About Walt Disney Imagineering:
Founded in 1952 as WED Enterprises to design and build the world’s first theme park — Disneyland — Walt Disney Imagineering (WDI) is where imagination and creativity combine with cutting-edge technology to create unforgettable experiences. WDI is the creative force that imagines, designs and builds all Disney theme parks, resorts, attractions and cruise ships worldwide. Imagineering’s unique strength comes from its diverse global team of creative and technical professionals, who build on Disney’s legacy of storytelling to pioneer new forms of entertainment. The Imagineers who practice this unique blend of art and science work in more than 100 disciplines to shepherd an idea all the way from “blue sky” concept phase to opening day.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Parks, Experiences and Consumer Products, which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Imagineering.
Disney Parks, Experiences and Consumer Products is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.