WDI Software Product Management Intern - Summer 2020 (Glendale)
Glendale, CA - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 744758BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Walt Disney Imagineering Date posted Jan. 30, 2020
Job Summary:Be a part of an innovative team and culture…
The Technology Studio is approximately 3 years old, which is relatively new for WDI. Our mission is two-fold:
- Design and Implement technology solutions which enable our creative teams to achieve their goals as efficiently as possible.
- Enable newer generations of attractions to utilize cutting edge technology solutions to further our storytelling.
Responsibilities:This role will partner with product managers to discover process improvement opportunities within the WDI project development process:
- Assist with software platforms that our managers use to deliver theme parks
- Participating on a project team with other software engineers and product manager(s).
- Picking up user stories, developing features, writing tests, and participating in code review.
- Troubleshoot and support previously built software products and/or proof-of-concepts
- Engage with internal clients to better support them and gather new requirements
- A passion for the WDI organization and what we create
- Self-directed with the ability to learn and adapt quickly to new technologies and trends
- A disciplined, structured and comprehensive approach to work
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Engage with designers, developers and/or artists to better support them and gather new requirements
- Basic command-line skills (navigating file system)
- Basic proficiency in git (pull/push, branching/merging)
- Passion for process improvement and understanding of continuous improvement frameworks (Lean, Six Sigma, Agile Management)
- Prior experience with software management processes (Discovery, Grooming, Sprint Cycles, etc.)
- Currently enrolled in an accredited college or university and taking at least one class, or be a recent graduate of an accredited college or university within the last six (6) months at time of application, or be currently participating in the Disney College Program, Disney Culinary Program or Disney Professional Internship Program
- Preferred experience in the architecture, computer science/engineering or construction industries
Additional Information:At the time of application, must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within 6 months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
About Walt Disney Imagineering:
Founded in 1952 as WED Enterprises to design and build the world’s first theme park — Disneyland — Walt Disney Imagineering (WDI) is where imagination and creativity combine with cutting-edge technology to create unforgettable experiences. WDI is the creative force that imagines, designs and builds all Disney theme parks, resorts, attractions and cruise ships worldwide. Imagineering’s unique strength comes from its diverse global team of creative and technical professionals, who build on Disney’s legacy of storytelling to pioneer new forms of entertainment. The Imagineers who practice this unique blend of art and science work in more than 100 disciplines to shepherd an idea all the way from “blue sky” concept phase to opening day.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Imagineering, which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Imagineering.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.