Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
WDI Tech Project Management Intern - Glendale, Spring 2019Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 592567BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Walt Disney Imagineering Date posted Sep. 11, 2018
A technical project management intern will assist with the management of robotic animation software/hardware development within the WDI Technology Studio. This Studio is a group of technologists working within Imagineering to create and deploy software and software/hardware integration tools to help increase the capabilities of Imagineering Show Control practice. The WDI Tech Studio is the production side of WDI, and is primarily focused on stability, robustness, and operational efficiency.
- Help lead a project team in the development of show control (i.e., robotic figures on rides) software including:
- Help define software requirements
- Lead creation of workplans for projects
- Perform release management tasks including communication to stakeholders
- Understand and execute financial/schedule control processes for projects
- Create reports/dashboards for tracking software through the SDLC
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises and devise contingency plans
- Lead and execute test cases as necessary along with the rest of the team as part of (i) Unit/Component Testing (ii) System Integration Testing (SIT) and (iii) User Acceptance Testing (UAT)
- Collaborate with Technical Project Managers to coordinate resourcing efforts across projects and understand how projects interact with each other as part of the Show portion of a Disney attraction
Basic Qualifications:What you bring to the role…
- Demonstrated experiences managing technical projects performing the tasks above
- In-depth understanding of different PM methodologies including Waterfall and versions of Agile
- Understanding of automated and regression testing processes
- Programming proficiency in C/C++, Java, Python, or other non-web language
- Self-directed with the ability to learn and adapt quickly to new technologies and trends
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Experience developing on embedded systems or in robotics
- Junior or Senior Level undergraduate student or recent graduate (within 6 months of graduation) pursuing a Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university in Computer Science, Engineering, Software Development, Robotics or related field.
- Successful completion of fundamental Electrical, Electronics or Software Engineering courses
Additional Information:Materials Required:
College transcripts (official or unofficial) - Please upload your transcript while completing the online application
To upload this document:
- Log into your dashboard
- Click the second tab "Applications"
- Select "Submitted Applications"
- Click on the title of the position for which you would like to attach the transcript
- Click the "Add Files" button
- Under what do you want to add, select Transcript
- Be sure your document is titled in this format: FirstName_LastName_Transcript
- Must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within the past 6 months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must provide full work availability
- Must provide own transportation to/from work
- Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
The approximate dates of this internship are January 2019 - May 2019. Interns must be fully available for the duration of the internship.
About Walt Disney Imagineering:
Founded in 1952 as WED Enterprises to design and build the world’s first theme park — Disneyland — Walt Disney Imagineering (WDI) is where imagination and creativity combine with cutting-edge technology to create unforgettable experiences. WDI is the creative force that imagines, designs and builds all Disney theme parks, resorts, attractions and cruise ships worldwide. Imagineering’s unique strength comes from its diverse global team of creative and technical professionals, who build on Disney’s legacy of storytelling to pioneer new forms of entertainment. The Imagineers who practice this unique blend of art and science work in more than 100 disciplines to shepherd an idea all the way from “blue sky” concept phase to opening day.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Imagineering.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.