Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
Web Developer/Digital Design Internship, Glendale - Summer/Fall 2019Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 627184BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Jan. 09, 2019
Job Summary:Be a part of an innovative team and culture…
The Walt Disney Company's Corporate Communications department is seeking an enthusiastic, creative and motivated intern for the digital team. The candidate must be comfortable with tight deadlines, be extremely detail oriented, highly organized and able to multi-task and thrive in an exciting, fast-paced environment. Projects include working with D23: The Official Disney Fan Club, maintain and upload content to internal and external-facing corporate websites, and other projects as needed for various internal clients.
Responsibilities:A Day in the Life…
The DCCR Digital Media Intern will play a big role in supporting the Digital Media team. Day-to-day tasks will vary from participating in client meetings to maintaining web tools.
- Work with editorial to update and manage content on multiple websites including D23.com, TheWaltDisneyCompany.com, Newsreel and various Backlot sites.
- Gather weekly/monthly analytics for multiple accounts
- Create groups and communities on Backlot - Disney's internal community website
- Create and code multiple HTML email and web pages
- Collaborate and advise on guest digital user-experience
- Create wireframes and work with Graphics team on applying branding to various digital solutions
- Maintain existing and potentially create web apps/tools
Basic Qualifications:What we are looking for…
- Proven ability to successfully prioritize and handle multiple tasks
- Mandatory knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Experience in HTML Web page or email creation
- Strong familiarity with Content Management Systems (Jive, WordPress, etc.)
- Strong knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and other-image editing software
- Basic knowledge of wireframing and rapid-prototyping software
- Basic knowledge of video encoding software
- Strong knowledge of web technologies (mobile websites, mobile web apps, native apps, web protocols like FTP and WebDAV)
- Quick learner with ability to take direction, work under pressure and operate as part of a team
- Excellent verbal and communication skills
- An extreme attention to detail and organizational skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- High sense of responsibility and confidentiality
- Ability to deal effectively with people at all levels
- Ability to give and receive constructive feedback
- Familiarity of The Walt Disney Company brand and its businesses
- Strong knowledge of Web Design and Digital User Experience
- Currently enrolled in an accredited college or university and taking at least one class, or be a recent graduate of an accredited college or university within the last six (6) months at time of application, or be currently participating in the Disney College Program, Disney Culinary Program or Disney Professional Internship Program
- Currently pursuing an undergraduate degree or graduated with a major in web design, web technology or related.
- Web Design and User Experience
- The approximate dates of this internship are June 2019 through December 2019/January 2020
- Candidate must be available to work full-time hours (approximately 40 hours per week) for the duration of the internship
- Able to provide own housing and transportation in the Burbank/Glendale area
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must be at least 18 years of age
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
The Walt Disney Company is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.