Web Development and Digital Production Intern - Spring 2022
Glendale, California, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 860734BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Oct. 01, 2021
Job Summary:Be a part of an innovative team and culture…
The Walt Disney Company's Corporate Communications department is seeking an enthusiastic, creative and motivated intern for the digital team. The candidate must be comfortable with tight deadlines, be extremely detail oriented, highly organized and able to multi-task and thrive in an exciting, fast-paced environment. Projects include working with D23: The Official Disney Fan Club, maintain and upload content to internal and external-facing corporate websites, and other projects as needed for various internal clients.
Responsibilities:A Day in the Life…
The Disney Corporate Creative Resources (DCCR) Digital Media Intern will play a big role in supporting the Digital team. This role’s day-to-day tasks includes the following:
- Working with editorial and project management teams to update and manage content on multiple websites including D23.com, The Walt Disney Archives, and Newsreel
- Managing and preparing media assets and creating web pages through WordPress
- Coding HTML emails and web pages
- Creating and updating events on our internal Event Registration platform
- Maintain existing and potentially create web apps/tools
Basic Qualifications:What we are looking for…
- Experience in HTML Web page or email creation
- Strong familiarity with Content Management Systems (e.g., WordPress, etc.)
- Basic knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and other-image editing software
- Basic knowledge of video encoding software
- Experience working with jQuery and other JS libraries
- Experience with cloud-computing services
- Experience with software version control, preferably GitLab/GitHub
- Proven ability to successfully prioritize and handle multiple tasks
- Quick learner with ability to take direction, work under pressure and operate as part of a team
- Excellent verbal and communication skills
- An extreme attention to detail and organizational skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- High sense of responsibility and confidentiality
- Ability to deal effectively with people at all levels
- Ability to give and receive constructive feedback
- Familiarity of The Walt Disney Company brand and its businesses
- Familiarity with building native and mobile web apps
- Strong knowledge of ReactJS, Angular 1 or 2, Node/Express, NoSQL (MongoDB), MySQL, Wordpress, PHP
- Currently enrolled in an accredited college or university and taking at least one class, or be a recent graduate of an accredited college or university within the last six (6) months at time of application, or be currently participating in the Disney College Program, Disney Culinary Program or Disney Professional Internship Program
- Currently pursuing an undergraduate degree or graduated with a major in computer science, web design, web technology or related
- Computer Science
- The approximate dates of this internship are January 2022 through June 2022.
- Candidate must be available to work full time hours (approximately 40 hours per week) for the duration of the internship [Please share any specific requirements regarding the intern’s work schedule or availability]
- Able to provide own housing and transportation in the Glendale, Burbank, or Los Angeles / Remote area
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with TWDC Enterprises 18 Corp., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
TWDC Enterprises 18 Corp. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.