Web Producer, D23Apply NowApply Later Job ID 762932BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Jul. 06, 2020
D23: The Official Disney Fan Club is looking for an experienced, well-rounded digital professional with experience managing websites and interpreting analytics to optimize site performance and support D23 marketing efforts. Part web manager and part project manager, this role will take on daily management of D23.com as well as support in executing our weekly e-newsletter.
A successful candidate will have a deep knowledge of web best practices including web content strategy, user experience, interactive design, visual design, analytics, SEO, and optimizing website performance. We are seeking an individual with a combination of technical experience, strong partner relationship management, and good written and interpersonal communication skills. Applicants MUST have CMS experience.
This position is based in Glendale, California and supports The Walt Disney Company corporate segment.
About D23: The Official Disney Fan Club
D23 is a membership-based affinity program for passionate Disney fans all over the world to celebrate all things Disney, including Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, and National Geographic. D23 deepens relationships with fans by delivering insider access to unique content and experiences that span the breadth of Disney’s past, present and future while working closely with cross-company and third-party partners to engage the company’s best brand ambassadors.
The name “D23” pays homage to the exciting journey that began in 1923 when Walt Disney opened his first studio in Hollywood. D23 is the first official club for fans in Disney’s 90-plus-year history. It gives its members a greater connection to the entire world of Disney by placing them in the middle of the magic, 365 days a year, through its quarterly publication, Disney twenty-three; a rich website at D23.com with members-only content; member-exclusive offers; and special events for D23 Members throughout the year.
- Maintain digital content for D23.com, including adding and modifying information and pages; post news and curate multimedia content on a daily basis, including breaking news
- Collect, organize, edit, and manage assets related to ongoing content updates
- Drive implementation of high-quality web solutions, with an emphasis on mobile, to meet the marketing needs for D23.com – including but not limited to landing pages, web forms, web copy, and images
- Basic testing of website functionality checking for errors and confirming accuracy; effectively anticipate issues from both internal and external audiences and proactively help generate solutions
- Ensure content is consistent with marketing strategies, brand guidelines and web best practices
- Utilize Omniture web analytics and performance data to recommend and implement improvements to D23.com
- Produce and present weekly and monthly metrics reports
- Organize and collect content to program into weekly e-newsletter
- Have a deep understanding of marketing team goals in order to advise team members on content creation, navigation, and web marketing best practices to help optimize engagement within D23.com and e-newsletter
- Work both independently and as part of a team to manage and complete projects for multiple stakeholders typically under tight deadlines
- Perform other duties as assigned
- 3+ years of experience within Web Content Management
- CMS expertise (WordPress is highly preferred)
- Proficient in Adobe Photoshop
- Basic understanding of HTML
- Experience with visual style site builders
- Proficient in using Adobe Omniture to pull and analyze site metrics
- Advanced knowledge of SEO trends and strategy
- Be able to work occasional overtime as necessary to meet deadlines
- Excellent project management skills
- Ability to deliver under extreme deadlines and fast-paced environment
- Proactive and solution-oriented when managing issues
- Strong proofreading skills, with an eagle eye for catching errors, typos, mistakes and broken links
Required EducationBachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, Business, Digital, or related field or equivalent work experience
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
The Walt Disney Company is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.