Already applied?View Dashboard
Since the opening of our first center in Shanghai in 2008, Disney English has been sharing the joy of language learning with tens of thousands of children across China. With our award-winning curriculum and unparalleled Disney stories and characters, we help children develop a passion for the English language. Here, we give trainers and a variety of other professionals the opportunity to shape young children's futures and build rewarding relationships with them along the way. This is a wonderful opportunity in education, providing you with the unique opportunity to make a world of difference in a child's future.
Assistant Center Manager - Guangzhou PanyuApply Now Apply Later Job ID 430470BR Location Guangzhou, Guangdong, China Business Walt Disney International Brand Disney English Date posted Feb. 11, 2018
Job Summary:As the key leadership role in the mature center, Disney English Assistant Center Managers support center managers in mature centers through leading Parent Care Program, Service Recovery and supporting Sales process of Contract Renewal to achieve the center business objectives.
Assistant Center Managers will take the full responsibility of Center Manager when Center Mangers are on duty off.
- Lead Senior Learning Partner to ensure every Learning Partner to establish and maintain Parent Care communication regarding learners’ progress by means of the “Trainer-Parent Portal” and ongoing communications with parents.
- Lead Senior Learning Partner to monitor the parent care program, check the parent care binder regularly, and monitor phone calls and conversations made by the Learning Partners.
- Lead Senior Learning Partner to deliver on-going coaching to Learning Partners on how to improve their capability of Parent Care – communication skills, conflict management and problem solving on special situations.
- Manage OS to conduct Parent Satisfaction Survey.
- Make sure Learning Partners to make renewal letters and photos given to parents in a timely manner
- Lead Learning Partner and Senior Learning Partner to deliver Parent-Trainer Conference for “on the fence” parents
- Lead Course Consultant to make following up calls to parents and provide guide to them in the renewal negotiation
- Lead Senior Learning Partner to schedule Make Up classes and Remedial Classes for their classes.
- Monitor Course Consultant and Learning Partner in handling parent concerns and coordinate with Academic and Center Managers to provide solutions
- Participate in regular safety and security training and drills, understand and execute the center’s Emergency Response Plans
- Report any safety or security-related incidences in an accurate and timely manner through the appropriate channels.
- Ensure a safe learning environment for all learners and guests in the Language Learning Center and classrooms.
- Together with all center cast members, create an engaging, service-focused environment where the needs of the learners come first
- Adhere to Disney English operational standards, system compliance, and Disney English teaching methods
- Work closely with the Sales and Operations teams on a daily basis to ensure smooth center operation
- 5 years experience of in a fast growing retail or service / guest experience business.
- Multi-functional management experience.
- Good at English Writing, reading and speaking.
- Bachelor degree or commensurate experience.
- Have a high entrepreneurial spirit and creativity to grow and improve the business.
- High level personal integrity and credibility.
- A passion for working with children.
- Experience in managing similar educational service business is a plus.
- Strong operational management skills and business acumen.
- People leadership and strong sense of people motivation, coaching and training.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills.
- Culture awareness and diversity management.
- Customer service cover and relationship management skills.
- Execution capability to ensure the high standard and quality maintaining in the center.
- Need to understand sales, the importance of sales and what great sales looks like.
- Strong sense on customer relationship building and management
About Disney English:
Experience a new culture while giving kids the gift of English! With locations across China, the Disney English program uses the "Disney Immersive Storytelling Approach," which utliizes Disney characters to make learning more fun. Our teachers engage children (ages 2-12) the way they naturally learn, through song, interactive games, role-play and above all, fun! Disney English teachers are well-supported with classroom materials/plans, as well as with help settling into expat life; those who want to experience more of China can often transfer to different cities. Through Disney English, educators get the experience of a lifetime while teaching students life-long skills.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney English Training Guangzhou, which is part of a business segment we call Disney English.